Modded Xbox

Hey I have had my console for a while now and it has got the "Disc tray problem" So i brought one of ebay. When i got it today i plugged it in to download my profile, But when i checked the hardrive it looked weird. the profile had around 70K of Gamer Score and 90+ Games played. It looked odd because it looked like a new console. So i thought this could be modded. I tried a copied game in it and it said please put this in a xbox console. I tried a original game and it worked. So i'm unsure if it's modded or not.

Is there a way to find out? Or could i just use it if i only player original games and not pirates? I want to know for sure before i download my profile and get banned from LIVE, So what should i do?

Thanks. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

[quote user="wers bjay"]It looked odd because it looked like a new console.[/quote]

That's not odd at all.  While it might be a newer console, the gamertag may be older.   There is nothing there to suggest that anything untoward is happening.

What it's sounds like you've done is buy a console that the previous owner never deleted their profile from the hard drive.  Which is why you can access their gamertag, Games on Demand games and Arcade games.  You should delete all of the content belonging to that gamertag for two very important reasons:

1) The security of the owner of that gamertag.   Only the owner of a gamertag is permitted to access that gamertag.

2) You are putting yourself at a risk of getting the console ban by your own actions.  Every time you open that gamertag, you are accessing it without authorization.   Doing this can get both your own account and your new console banned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

oke first  thing is when you buy a second hand xbox there is always a change its modded ore bannend  ore flagged and about to bee band.

there are many way's to burn a game and so maybee you burned it the wrong way.

but then again this xbox coud bee a nice clean unmodded xbox from a realy good gamer who got all the achievments that are on the game including dlc.

since you already have the console play it DONT USE ORE TRY USING BURNED GAMES and hope fore the best.

But keep in mind that it coud get bannend just beeing honest too you new is always bether .

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey bjay. Is this profile on the console already? Its possible that whoever you bought the console from may have put in an already well played HDD inside. Both the console and HDD casing can be in an extremely good condition and have been used for quite some time. I'm pretty sure its not modded and you should be able to download your profile onto it with nothing happening. Xbox consoles don't play copied discs and tapering with the console in anyway to make it able to play pirate games is a violation of the Terms of Use that is agree upon purchase of the console. I hope this was helpful. :D

Sorry this didn't help.

I would call xbox customer support 1-800-4my(469)-xbox(9269)

Sorry this didn't help.