Modded controllers

Please can someone explain the fuss with modded controllers, I like the sound of them but is it breaking the "rules"?

Do you get in trouble for using them?

Opinions please

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 34 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Define modded controllers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="KILGORE1970"]Do you get in trouble for using them?[/quote]Long answer:

[quote]

12.  Service Operation and Equipment.

The Service may only be accessed with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via Xbox.com. You agree that you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service, that your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads), and that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification.  Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.  Microsoft may take any legal action it deems appropriate against users who violate Microsoft's systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract, and such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

[/quote]Terms of Use

Short answer...yes.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you read the contracts you agreed to you would already know the answer to this.

You can use RAPID FIRE controllers. You can NOT use MODDED STOCK controllers. There is a HORI PAD that you can buy and use and that would not be violating the XBL Terms of Service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Using modded controllers (even the ones that its OK to use) is unsporting and gives people an unfair advantage in MP games. I do not think any modded controllers should be allowed at all.

Why can't people just play using a regular control pad?, then if they win or lose its down to their skill or a bit of luck.
I would rather play honestly and lose than use one of these pads to make myself feel like I am a gaming god.

Sorry this didn't help.

If the OK ones are going to be allowed I think there needs to be controls in place in certain games to make them less effective.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="VernierSlake"]

If the OK ones are going to be allowed I think there needs to be controls in place in certain games to make them less effective.

[/quote]

That responsibility would fall to the GAME DEVELOPER. Some care and do implement fire rate caps while others do not. And I agree that anyone who uses them is unsporting and not showing any true skill.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank for info I don't think I shall bother with a modded controller as a lot of people say it is unfair.

Sorry this didn't help.

well in that case im buying me a legal modded controller for my m14 and pistol since it legal. Tired of it happening to me

Sorry this didn't help.

Technically no modded controller is legal. Any controller that affects the natural way in which a game functions is 'illegal'. Turtle beach headsets are illegal because they use the sound that is already being outputted to its full potential. Modded controllers affect the natural coding of the game and change the way the game plays. If, after review, it is found that you are 'cheating' then you can face bans no matter what people tell you about 'legal controllers'.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you serious?  Turtle Beaches are illegal?  They are completely legal and I would like to see you try to get a kid banned for using a headset that he bought at Gamestop.

Sorry this didn't help.