Modded controller

I havent been on live for a couple years now, due to all the modded controllers out there. Is the online multiplayer still plagued with hackers, or has MS put a stop to this?   Seems i don't want to waste my 60 bucks to play with some snot nose kid running mods...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

How do you know what controller someone is using?

Yeah! I was wondering that to...

If the op played gears 3. And a bot killed him really fast like auto aim and shooting really fast. Then the bot was using a modded controller.

I doubt bots were using controllers.

[quote user="Keith03820"]If the op played gears 3. And a bot killed him really fast like auto aim and shooting really fast. Then the bot was using a modded controller.[/quote]

You know that "bots" don't use any controllers at all, right?  Bots are the games AI.

Sadly there will always be people who use modded controllers. All you can do is block and report those people for cheating. As for hackers, I don't see it a lot in newer titles, but it does happen from time to time.

Modded controllers are sold everywhere no, hell even Amazon has them. But it seems that connection issues and peoples crappy internet is the BIGGEST problem when it comes to online play...Years ago, i heard people speak of such things as "Host Advantage" among others. Playing BO 2 team deathmatch you will find that many times the host will quit the game, and i understand why...99.9% of the time when im host, the gameplay for me is way behind, like when you know on your screen you had the drop on the other guy, but somehow he magically kills you 1st. Untill MS will actually start running a speed/ping test on players when they log on to Xlive, and matching them only with similar connection latency, i will not buy the Xone. It does give you a woody to play a match and you can run through the enemy like a hot knife through butter, but i old/smart enough to realize that alot of times its because of the gameplay giving me the advantage, so i dont rant and rave about how geat i am.. There will prolly never be a system that can deliver an  absolutely even gameplay online, but i also know if MS would spend a few penny's, they could do a far better job of matching players...But as always, they couldnt care less, as sales and profit is number one.