Moca Adapter and Xbox One

I bought the coax network adapter kit (2 Actiontec Model ecb2500c), the one adapter I have hooked to my modem (Comcast, in my bedroom), coax from the wall into the coax in of the Actiontec adapter, then coax out to the modem itself. I then have the Ethernet plugged into a port from my modem into the Actiontec adapter.  All lights are good on the Actiontec but the coax light.  The other adapter I have in the living room with the coax from the wall into the adapter coax in.  Then I have an Ethernet cable from the adapter to the Xbox One (once again all lights on but the coax light).  I can download updates, browse on internet explorer, look the the store (apps and games) and even download a game but when I try to play a multiplayer game it says I'm not connected to the network (tried titanfall, battlefield 4 and call of duty ghosts).  I'm really confused on how I could do everything but play multiplayer.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 455 Applies to:

Does it work when directly connected to your modem by wire?  What is the brand and model of your modem?  Do you not have a router?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not sure if it will work directly from my modem, I have my modem in the bedroom but the Xbox One is in my living room.  The computer in my bedroom is hooked up to that one MOCA adapter and it's receiving an Internet connection fine but like I said the coax light doesn't come up on either adapter which I would think I shouldn't get any connection but I am getting something since I can get on the Internet on my PC and do pretty much everything on the Xbox One but get on multiplayer.  Also in the living room I have a roku 3 which doesn't allow me to connect either if I try to plug the ethernet cable into that.  When you try to connect through a wire on the Roku 3 it goes through 3 checks, Wired connection, local connection and Internet.  It sees the wired connection but fails on the local connection and doesn't go any further.  Really weird!!?

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the brand and model of your modem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Modem -

Make & Model:

Arris Interactive, L.L.C. tg862g

This is from Comcast.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I have to revise my setup, I actually have the coax from the wall going into the coax out of the Moca adapter.  i was messing around with it last night and noticed this.  If I have it the other way (which is the normal way it's supposed to be) I can't get an internet connection, so now I'm really confused.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try this:

Room with cable modem

coax cable from wall to coax input on moca

coax cable from coax output of moca to coax input of Arris

ethernet cable from LAN port of Arris to ethernet port of moca

Room with Xbox

coax cable from wall to coax input on moca

cap and do not use coax output of moca

ethernet cable from port on Xbox to port on moca

Power cycle your Arris.

Sorry this didn't help.