MMORPG: The one thing I wish for the Xbox brand in the future.

I wish Microsoft would finally properly embrace the MMORPG genre. from all I have heard, MS has been incredibly difficult to deal with in regards to MMORPG developers (thats apparently why the 360 isn't getting the FFXIV reboot, and why they didn't get DUST 514....and whatever happened to Age of Conan coming to the 360?)

hopefully Defiance and Destiny will be the start of the Xbox Brand truly embracing MMORPGs.

in this regard, they are far behind Sony, and need to catch up. Sony's got DCUO(and 75% of the playerbase is on PS3), DUST 514, Free Realms for the kiddies, PS Home, and will be getting FFXIV 2.0, Defiance, and Destiny. and maybe Planetside 2(was a rumor, anyway).

I have a feeling that MMOs or games with MMO elements will be a major part of the next console generation.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

personally i'd LOVE a halo fps multiplayer game that allowed a LOT of people to be playing at the same time in matchmaking. more than 32, at any rate. it would make my day, that's for sure

Mayhem, "Defiance" is a 3rd person MMO.

I want a new FF MMO fo sho.

more users in servers and party's is pretty much a guarantee. it is pretty safe to assume you can expect these key features on the new console.

Also the MMO is still to powerful of a game for consoles. they are better off on PC's for now.

[quote user="Listed mia 510"]

more users in servers and party's is pretty much a guarantee. it is pretty safe to assume you can expect these key features on the new console.

Also the MMO is still to powerful of a game for consoles. they are better off on PC's for now.

[/quote]

Hmmm...Not really? Defiance and FFXI are MMOs.

Also, if devs go full crazy graphics we will still have the same amount of players per lobby/game. Its relative. If they keep the graphics we have now they will be able to fit WAY more people in a game. See what im sayin?

yes I do but these games you are talking about I do not have experience with, please inform me of their max number of players per game per server??

yes I do but these games you are talking about I do not have experience with, please inform me of their max number of players per game per server??

[/quote]

Those both will allow hundreds of people on the screen at one time. 

In regards to games like Halo and whatnot, lets say we can have 8vs8 now. Well on next gen if they keep the same graphics we could potentially have WAAAAY more that that. If they improve the graphics it will strain the system just as much as it does now, allowing for the same 8vs8. 

By your logic we would have had 2v2 on the orig xbox and PS2...Ya know? Its the same. 

I, too, hope that we can get some MMOs on the Xbox. Even though I'm not sure exactly what "Shared World Shooter" is supposed to mean (most signs point to MMO), I am 100% on board with Destiny. There is plenty of room for MMOs on consoles, and hopefully the next Xbox will be able to deliver some to its loyal fanboys!

no sorry as I am very into the MMO idea I do not count the consoles current MMO version to be legit MMO's when they can have 1000+ together in a world then that is true MMO. not 100 to 200 tops which is still impressive.

only time will tell what MS has done

no sorry as I am very into the MMO idea I do not count the consoles current MMO version to be legit MMO's when they can have 1000+ together in a world then that is true MMO. not 100 to 200 tops which is still impressive.

only time will tell what MS has done

[/quote]

You mistook me. Defiance is saying thousands per server. FFX! has easily 5,000 players per server. 

at around 1000