MMoRPG? or at least a good rpg??

does anyone know of any mmorpgs that may be coming out to the 360 or rpg that are well aticipated cuz i may be the only one but i think there is big holes in the game's market at the moment where are all the good multiplayer games that arent fps or a waste of time looking at?. And yes im going to be realy sad and bring up the old pokemon games and a old game called Jade cocoon if anyone else has played these games a know of any new games like them that are out or in the pipe line plz let me know lol. (this is not a question as to how well a mmorpg will be on a console so none of this "oooo you need a keyboard for that" because that isnt the question lol) Thanks all.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

MMORPGs coming soon :

Chromehounds 2 (it counts its very RPG esc with buying weapons etc and squad / nation play)  Release date : unknown

APB Unlimited : Relese, unconfirmed originall planned for 360 but conflicts about cost to play online stopped it, now its been rebooted as a free to play so MS won't be objecting to the subscription model.

Dead Frontier: oddly rumoured to be seeing a release with big updates etc this is a zombie MMORPG style game

Minecraft 360 : Yes Minecraft, get to the right server (assuming multiplayer online is allowed on 360) and some will have the Quest or MCMMO mods installed essentially turning the building game minecraft into an MMO even with levelling.

Marvel universe online: Still in the works and formerly working with cryptic studios project (which became champions online) Marvel universe online was going to continue the franchises rivalry with DC by releasing in the rival console to DC universe online.

Phantasy Star Online 2 : Recently released in japan for Windows computers the next actual sequal to the dreamcast MMO might soon see a 360 release

RPG's about

Resonance of Fate - Dirt cheap and best of all its come up with its own fighting mechanics etc, so no more of this annoying MP, SP, TP nonsense where you have to manage items so you can heal and still restore that MP when you find the boss, oh No Resonance of fate is different very different, even the most basic enemy can kill you if you play badly, each fight you have to balance risk and reward moves as your "shield bar" also lets you use your lower powered special moves, however to do the super moves you have to power up another thing by using the lower powered special moves in a certain way.

ive been hoping for a MMORPG too.the last one i enjoyed was fable 3.trouble was it was too short and there was only one co-op partner.ive never played it but a game like world of warcraft would be great or something like fallout or elder scrolls with multiple co-op partners would be awesome.

Sacred 2 is the nearest your going to get with 4 player co-op, a huge open world to explore and i mean HUGE !!!, thousands of items, monsters and bosses that fill the screen, i could go on, but if you have not yet played Sacred 2 : Fallen angel you need to pick it up, its amazing.

Wouldnt hold your breath for any MMORPG on the 360 in the near future. The 360 seemingly only does co-op and not real mmorpg games (apart from final fantasy xi which I havent played so unsure of just how much of an mmo it really is).

MMORPG means hundreds of players in the same world (lobbies do not count) and able to freely interact with oneanother. All 360 rpg's that allow co-op are not mmorpg, far far from it.

There is a light on the horizon though, but it may come at a price. Microsoft are apparently working to allow freemium type services on the 360, and this may be the way they wish to let the floodgates open for free to play/pay to win mmorpg's onto the console.

Honestly though Im really not sure the 360 could handle a true mmorpg though, I just dont think it has the hardware within it to do so, but I would be very happy indeed if I were proven wrong by a great game coming along as it is the genre i would definately want to see more of on 360.

Its very hard for developers to make MMORPG's on 360 due to the red tape at Microsofts end.

I would maybe try somthing like Sacred 2, Divinity II TDKS or even Risen, all can be bough fairly cheap now and all have massive open worlds to explore.

[quote user="The Sea Trout"]

Its very hard for developers to make MMORPG's on 360 due to the red tape at Microsofts end.

I would maybe try somthing like Sacred 2, Divinity II TDKS or even Risen, all can be bough fairly cheap now and all have massive open worlds to explore.

[/quote]

Not exactly that. Xbox 360 has limits to it's hardware. The ram on it is very lacking which can give alot of trouble to run open world. This effects the PS3 as well.

Actually it is more because of Microsoft than the RAM. There's been a few developers wanting to make MMORPGs for the Xbox 360 but have been put off by Microsofts restrictiveness towards updates and content, which is well known. MMOs are very much possible on Xbox 360 seems we have four already. The RAM isn't really an issue considering the way the architecture works.

A headline on CVG - "Demon's Souls' spiritual sequel, Dark Souls, will be released on Xbox 360 as well as PS3, it's been confirmed."

I'm probably going to get flamed for owning a PS3, but Demon's Souls was an MMO that was so hard it made you want to scratch your eyes out and cry tears of blood onto the carpet; meaning Dark Souls is gonna be EVEN MORE AWESOME, as it's going to get alot harder. I am so looking forward to this. Co-op play included, I think there's even a PVP element for you super hardcore MMO loving ubernoobs.

I'd highly recommend Two Worlds II

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

Actually it is more because of Microsoft than the RAM. There's been a few developers wanting to make MMORPGs for the Xbox 360 but have been put off by Microsofts restrictiveness towards updates and content, which is well known. MMOs are very much possible on Xbox 360 seems we have four already. The RAM isn't really an issue considering the way the architecture works.

[/quote]

Consoles are completely awful on MMOs that are more built for the PC. X360 lags alot on FFXI in certain regions and areas of the game. Then it will freeze if the lag continues heavily. (For example Abyssea) For MMOs on consoles only then ok but if the PC is accesible. Then PC I will play.