Misspelled Email Address

I have a XBOX Live account gamertag "Church 665". However, when I signed up for LIVE, I misspelled the email address, @comast.net instead of @comcast.net. It was also so long ago that I do not know the password I used. Therefore, I cannot recover my password to the email, since it does not exist. With the new xbox update forcing me to sign in, I can no longer log in to my account. Is there anything I can do? I cannot even log in to cancel my recurring subscription and create a new account.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 212 Applies to:

If you haven't done it yet, contact support and see if they can help you update your account information so you can get into your account. You'll have to several questions to prove you are the account owner, but it's probably your best option.

-

1-800-4MY-XBOX is the number for Support in the US.

-

You can click the Support link at the bottom of the web page, then the Contact Us at the bottom of the page and see if you can set up a "Request a call" from support.

-

I hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

Xbox Support can't help you to reset the password or recover the account, and one of those you will need to do to get access to your account, you will need to use the options to reset or recover on this link: support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-password

-

Xbox Support can however cancel the subscription, to contact them use support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe that this is actually a microsoft glitch because my email did the same thing and it worked for years and I never touched the change email option. Also I cannot access it know but I have been trying, This is a different xbox account. P.S Did you ever find a solution?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should try changing the email yourself via a console as per here: support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

If that does not work, get in touch with Phone Support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us

If you are still having issues please make your own thread detailing the issue and we will try to assist. :-)

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

I did the same thing except I did [Mod Removed] instead of [Mod Removed] Please help me because I need to change my Privacy Settings. My gamertag is ZombieMaster D1

Sorry this didn't help.

@ZombieMaster

Please be aware that this is an old thread. It's better to create a new thread.

Regarding your specific issue, please take a look here: support.xbox.com/.../change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account it should allow you to change the email address

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue, can anyone help? btw i just created this account so i could talk because i cant log on to my other one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, SvelteManager80! There's a lot of support options listed in this thread already. If you are still having issues, you will to reach out to phone or chat support like Maxen linked to. This thread is originally 3 years old. If you need assistance with any other support issue, please post up a new detailed thread so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks for understanding!

Sorry this didn't help.