Missing saves

I have been playing HALO 3 for several days now and it's been working fine. Today, I setup a LIVE account. When I tried to start my game again, I was given the option to "Start" a game not "Continue" my game. Is all of my hard work over the last several days gone?!?!? I am new to Xbox, and I'm afraid that I've screwed it up.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

From the sounds of it you created a new account for Live instead of promoting your old one.

You promote offline accounts by signing in to it, pressing the guide button (the big silver one) and then choosing the Join Xbox Live option.

If your new account is automatically signing in you can access the old one by again pressing the guide button and pressing X to sign out. You'll now see the option to Sign In and how many profiles there are on your console. Select that option and you should be able to access your old account again and promote it to Live access if you wish.

All saves are locked to the profile they were made by, so using your old account is the only way to access that progress. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.