MIssing avatar award items.

Hey guys,

Today I unlocked an avatar award for Ancients of Ooga, it's a mask avatar award for my guy. Whenever I got to try to change his appearance the item shows up with a "!" on the icon, instead of a picture of it. I've tried to delete the item from my hard drive, and when I go back the item shows up with an option to download the item, but once I do that it goes back to the "!" icon. I'm not too sure what im doing wrong.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 170 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there One! I understand you're having some trouble with an Avatar Award. You mention deleting the item, but can you make sure to follow these steps exactly: delete the item, clear system cache (support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache), restart the console, load Avatar Editor and try again. Does this help?

If not, let's try fully deleting the Avatar Asset Refresh Cache. This can be found under Games/Apps > Avatar Editor. Delete any instance of this file in that folder, then clear the console cache again, restart, and try again. Let me know if that helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried both of your suggested solutions, but neither helped. One thing I forgot to mention is that my profile is on a usb stick and all of my items are on the hdd for this xbox, i dunno if thats helpful or not

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem with some Halo: Reach avatar awards. Eventually, I found out that you had to be connected to XBOX Live, then you had to go to the 'Awards' section, which will give you a message saying that you need to update your wardrobe. Accept it, then after it updates, you are able to wear the item.

Sorry this didn't help.

sorry for the extreme delay in my reply, i havent had xbox live in some time so i havent been able to try. But ive got it again, and I started trying to get this item to work again, with no sucess. Any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Iamone11! Not a problem! Let's see what we can do for you. Have you re-tried the steps you had previously done offline? Have you tried using the item on the Xbox.com Avatar editor? Let us know!

Sorry this didn't help.

I did retry the steps mentioned above, with no success. I did pull up the avatar editor on xbox.com and my item was there. I put it on my avatar and saved. It was actually showing on my avatar on xbox.com, but when I came back to the xbox my avatar was the same, with no changes. The item still comes up as an exclamation point/blank icon. I'm pretty confused :/

Sorry this didn't help.

lamone11, I had this very issue with Costume Quest. After searching various gaming sites I was able to find a fix: updating my avatar on xbox.com instead of the console itself. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, it appears these avatar awards are glitched. They can be equipped on your avatar and saved through both the Xbox.com avatar editor and the Windows Phone avatar editor. I have successfully tested this solution, so please feel free to message me if you need further assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

You mentioned that your profile is on a USB stick and your rewards are on your hard drive? Try copying either save files onto the same drive and see if you have any luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LeviAJones! Does this mean you've had the same experience with the item? Can you tell me a bit about it? What is the file size for this avatar item? The more information the better! I appreciate anything you can provide. :)

Sorry this didn't help.