Misleading website?

Can anyone tell me why when trying to cancel a credit card, and a payment system set up to confuse anyone old enough to own a credit card, that the "click this" click that" sends you right back to your starting point?  How come when I end up at "click to call support" I am taken straight back to the beginning of this ridiculous cyclical system?

Also when trying to convey that there are no answers to this on the forum I am asked if I want to take part in a survey.  i click yes, the final question is did this resolve your issues... I click No... computer says "sorry we reached our survey quota for the day"  Are you kidding me??!!

Is any of this even legal?  I wonder... I'll find out too unless someone tells me different openly on this forum.  It's a real money spinner no doubt and one that instills cynicism into the people at the sharp end of it.. the users.

from one very unhappy parent (who holds the credit card) who will not purchase anything by microsoft again for fear of being conned into something else by being deliberately given obstacles and misleading information.

I wonder if this will show up on the forum..........

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey emense, you should be able to manage that information on the website at Xbox.com/account. If you're unable to do what you want to from that link, you can call phone support for North America at 800-4MY-XBOX. If you're in another region or if you want help with something else, please let me know! I'm here for you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Call us is a link to show you your local regions numbers if you have the Xbox.com website on your  correct region. It is not a VoIP app

If you live in. North America it is real simple 18004myxbox If you live in another region look at your manuals

Sorry this didn't help.

Wish I had an answer for you.  I am in the same fix you are.  I spent hours on their website online and could not get through any whick way I went.  It would save if you don't have Java you should update it.  Well guess what it wouldn't work. and you have to "x" out of that page and it keeps sending you to the previous page which you cannot get any thing different but Java.  I tried contact on the bottom of the page and you can't get through any way you go.  I finally got their phone # from my Credit Card company and I've been waiting on this phone with the worse music I have ever listened to in my live and I've been waiting  45 minutes and they said the longest to wait would be 30 and no more than 39 minutes to wait for a represetitive.  I can tell you one thing, it is a good thing my grandkids don't come over much anymore because I will never sign up to this Live thing again.  I wasn't going to renew it have tried every way I could to stop them and it shows up on my credit card bill today yet the information they have on my credit card it out of date.  Now that should not and probably is not legal so if they don't refund me my money I will check into that and report them to the BB Bureau.  My Credit Card company said I had to try to cancel it first before they would take any action.  I didn't think to tell them it was charged without the correct information.  They don't have the experation dates on my card. but that didn't stope them from trying and my CC company may end up having to pay it for that reason......

Sorry this didn't help.

If you still have a recurring subscription (such as automatic renewal) set up, you will not be able to remove your credit card. You can remove it once you have disabled automatic renewal.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with some of what the first post is saying.I should be able to remove my credit card information when I have paid for a membership and it doesn't let you do this. I don't want to add another type of payment either.

Sorry this didn't help.

you do relieze this is 2 years old CORRECT? and the OP would've been answered and paid their bill 2 years ago

FYI yes autobilling is legal i suggest you actually check your cable and internet bill if you don't believe me

next time live life and play fair

read your contracts before you sign up for anything

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think it's the autobilling he has an issue with, as much as the difficulty in turning it off.  and... how was that not "playing fair"?  I don't get the implication there.

Sorry this didn't help.