Minecraft

I can log onto Xbox live, but when I try to create a new world on Minecraft, it states one of more local players' account is too restrictive.  What setting is causing this?  Also, since it says "...one or more local players..." Does this mean it is my account or one of my friends'?  Frustrating!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Perhaps the family setting is the cause of this problem you are facing. What you are going to have to do is you are going to have to go into the parent xbox live account that is managing your account and you have to change the settings so that you can play online. That is probably what is holding you back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Brachial!

I agree with Mr BassDrop - it sounds like a parental controls issue.

Here is a link to the parental controls page. I'd jump down to the part about changing the safety and privacy setting as it sound like they might be what is restricting your play.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

Or, one the console, try the following: go to Settings, go to Privacy and online settings - select customize settings option. Then scroll down to Content, then select member content... Make sure friends only is selected.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.