Minecraft Xbox One - Lost Data

For the last 6 or 7 months, I've been using a minecraft creative world. The save file appeared to be a fairly large one, compared to the others on my console. Today, when I tried to play it with a friend, after selecting a guest profile we were not able to play the game.  When it was restarted and the same world was selected to open, it was unresponsive to the A button, and the little icon that was the last saves location turned into the minecraft dirt block icon. the only thing that I could do to the file was rename it; it could not be moved or copied. After a number of attempts signing in and out, and restarting the console both properly and through power interruptions, the file is still unable to be accessed.

It's unfortunate that with this console I can't go into the storage and look at each file individually, similar to the 360, so I'm really at a loss for what to do.

And it may or may not be important to note, but the time prior to this (about 14 hours ago) when I accessed the world it sync'd and worked fine.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 119 Applies to:

Hey mate,

Something you can try, which has worked for me with previous save issues is the following:

Firstly, go into your settings and then into network settings.

Go offline

Then, give the console a hard boot by holding down the power button for 10seconds until the console fully switches off.

Wait a minute or two

Then fire it back up, go back online and try it again.

That has worked for me previously, so hopefully it'll work for you too :)

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On your Xbox one Go to settings > under account > select remove account.

Then walk up to your Xbox after your account is removed and hold down the power button for 10 seconds

Then unplug your power supply for 30 seconds . Make sure your power supply is plugged into wall outlet not a surge protector / power strip.

Then turn on your Xbox . Press the guide button on your controller > select add new

Then sign in to your profile and launch Minecraft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.