Military and always online rumors for Next Gen Xbox

Hello,

I am sure this has been brought up before and I am sorry to repeat if it has.  I am sort of looking forward to the new Xbox, but I am really hoping the always online rumor is not implemented.  I am in the military and deploy all over the world, and most of the places I deploy to do not have internet.  I use my xbox as a media hub and game center to help pass the 6+ month deployments, so not being able to use the next gen xbox has me sort of sad.  I know many fellow military members feel the same way.  The last time I checked I don't think you get internet on a Navy ship to allow personal connections, and I know many places do not have available wifi or internet connections for rooms/tents.  I did not like the "Just deal with it comment" and I hope that was just the feeling of one person and not the whole company.  I do know that the online only will hurt everyone.....as in if your internet company provider has issues or someone cuts the lines doing construction.....that never happens.  As an example, yesterday I could not sign into Xbox for over 5 hours.....so that would mean I couldn't have played at all during that time, and today still issues with party connection.  Please, Microsoft/Xbox, please reconsider the always online.  I have already boycotted one company that has taken 2 series that I loved and played religiously while deployed to online only status, meaning I couldn't play them. Sad.  This is not a threat, but a statement, so please don't take it as that.  Anyway, just my humble opinions, and I am sure many other people feel the same.  Thanks for listening.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Rumors are just that rumors. The search button however opens the world to not re-posting stuff.

What if i want to play games and don't have the internet.  I know some DLC can't be used if the internet isn;t working but that would be to much.....have people started saying 666 to the electronic world yet?

[quote user="dc67"]

What if i want to play games and don't have the internet.  I know some DLC can't be used if the internet isn;t working but that would be to much.....have people started saying 666 to the electronic world yet?

[/quote]

Would you give a rest do you believe what everybody says ? Geez rumour goes it isn't for the game  aspect side , it is  more for the entertainment side 

Why are you playing xbox if your in the military , they allow it ? Yhey check your bags and be like " oh he has an xbox...ok" :/

They are allowed some amount of fun during their down time, you know.  They aren't machines.

As I recall, MS has worked with the military in the past to enable Live access for the troops in foreign locations.

The latest rumors say the always on feature is only for media streaming services for their "mini Xbox" and games can be played while offline just like its always been, which makes a lot more sense.

www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013

USO liberty centers do offer limited Internet connection. That only accounts for a very small fraction of military members. Sailors and Marines on ships, floating in the ocean don't have that liberty. Look at the number of males that would apply to. If Microsoft does go this route, which it's looking like more and more every day, they will lose a large majority of male military members. 1.4 million members, 1.2 million of those are males males, and if even a fraction of those are Xbox users... I'm just saying. They should at least consider these stats.

I'm a Marine, and if "always online" is implemented, I will more that likely have to end my 8 years of Xbox live to be able play game while on deployment.