Migrating US account to UK

Hello. I recently bought a UK microsoft points code and it didn't work with my US xbox live account. So I talked to support and they told me my account should be in the same country as the country where I bought the console from. I bought the console from the UK so I thought I should migrate my account to the UK. But on the manage country/region page there was no UK migration. Is there a way I can migrate my account to the UK? Please help. If it's not possible to migrate my account to the UK, if I make a UK account, reedem the points on that UK account and purchase Castle Crashers on that account, will I be able to play the game on my US account? For instance, launch the game on the UK account then play online on the US account?

Best regards,

-David

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There is no option at the moment to migrate your account to the UK.

You will be able to create a US account, buy Castle Crashers on that and then play it on your UK account. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Support was only half right. Your account should reflect the region you actually live in. So if you live in the UK, your account should be a UK one. If you want to use your US account in the UK then you would need to buy your points cards from a US retailer online or have someone you know in the states to send you a points code via message or e-mail as points cards are region locked.

The Account Migration Tool is only for the nine newly added regions to XBL, the UK is not one of them. What you can do is create a UK account as suggested above by VoteDC and add the points you bought to that account (it does not need to be Gold by the way) download the game and then on your US account you can access that DLC so long as you do not change consoles. You shouldn't have to be signed into the UK account to use the DLC with the other account either.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.