Migrating gamertags between accounts without a console

Hi. I have a gamertag (this one) which I would like to delete, having missed the period for a free name change and only realizing afterwards. I know that it's not possible, and I read about the process of migrating it into another (dummy) Windows Live ID, so that I could proceed to create a new one with my current WLID. However, the method requires an Xbox 360 console, which I do not have. Is there any way to do this with only a PC?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there SleekParchment5! You definitely still have the ability to change your Microsoft Account email on your PC. To do so navigate to accounts.live.com and log in. From there you can select 'Rename this account' and follow the prompts provided!

You should be able to change the email from SleekParchment5 to a new email so you can free up the email you'd like to use as your main account! Let us know how it goes. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That doesn't work. Renaming the account is impossible, as it would change the primary e-mail address associated with it. Besides, I do not want to change the Microsoft account itself. I want to change which account is associated with SleekParchment5 so that I can associate a new gamertag with my address. This wouldn't have been a problem, had I been able to change the gamertag during the 30-day free period, but for some reason, it didn't let me change on the Website, it asked me to do so on an Xbox 360 console. I know this was some sort of error, since I created a dummy e-mail and gamertag to test this, and it allowed the change. Perhaps this was due to the fact that the gamertag was created automatically when I signed into Windows 8 for the first time, and not by registering with the website, like the dummy account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.