Middle Green Light Flashing

This week my xbox started a weird behavior. The middle green light on the console constantly flashes whether there is a game in the tray or not. Today I powered it on (with game in the console) and the dashboard came up. Without signing into any profile, I tried accessing MyApps, Video Player and some of the other options and settings that don't require signing into a profile. Each time the screen would just hang. I tried accessing some of the to the other options and the same thing happened. I could press the B button to go back to Menus each time. I pressed the eject button and the tray opened but then immediately closed again. I pressed it again and took the disc out before it closed but the green light continued to flash. I then signed into my Xbox Live profile and I could access the Video Player and MyApps section but the middle green light continues to flash. I tried playing MW3 and it worked for about 15-20 minutes before exiting to the Dashboard. It did this a few times when I tried loading the game again each time exiting to the dashboard after a random amount of time. I've tried other games and get the same result. Sometimes the games will play for quite awhile without any issues but the green light still flashes.

I've seen some other postings with a similar issue but not many solutions. Wondering if anyone else has run into this? Could this be a firmware update issue? Hardware? I'm just not really sure where to start troubleshooting this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 244 Applies to:

this is a problem with the DVD drive in the console it's basically failing and isn't detecting whether the tray is open or not you may want to send the console in for repair the repairs are free if you have warranty this page describes the process: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Spartan. It sounds like you are having issues when your console is turned off, while Legend is having issues when turning his console on. Just to keep things clean, can you please create a new thread in this forum detailing your issue and any steps you may have already tried to resolve it. We'll be happy to assist you there!

Sorry this didn't help.

mines been doing this too. when i turn off my console the middle light flashes and the console still runs. ive turned all the background downloads offthen it stopped dont know why just did so try this might work for you aswell.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Legend! I understand you are having some rather odd issues when starting up your console. First, can you check your console settings to see if your or any other profile is set to auto sign-in? If they are, can you turn them all off, restart the console, and then see what happens?

Regarding the blinking light, does this happen when the console is off, or only when the console is on? This also happens independently of there being a game in the drive, correct? Can you also check the power supply to see if the light there is behaving oddly. Let me know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.