Microsofts ignorance regarding family timer

Ive set my family timer to 2 hours per day , surley that means maximum per 24 hours a day is 2 hours gaming, every day he now powers off a few minutes before the timer comes to an end. So microsoft in with all their expertise decide that the few minutes that are left are what is shown the next day, and i have to enter the passcode and add the 2 hours manually, EVERY DAY, it doesnt reset at midnight as it leads us to belive it will, this causes a flashpoint, and arguments between us as parents as the awful person telling him he can only have 2 hours every day and my son. Its obviuosly a tactic by microsoft to get parents to give up on the timer. Very annoying, upsetting and downright disgracefull on microsofts behalf. This could be solved in minutes with a simple line of code and an update? Please if there is a way to get my point to microsoft will someone do it. As all microsoft allow me to do is sound off on here.....again avoiding real issues. All replyies welcome.... Thanks K

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

That sounds like a truly unfortunate glitch in the timer.  Why not do like we do with our son.  He needs to earn the time to play.  He gets minute for minute for reading a book (like all kids he seems to hate to read).  Then we start our own timer.  He has learned that when we say shut down, we mean it.  Only once did we ever shut the console down on him before he had a chance to save.  lol

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.