Microsoft's Penello on why Xbox One's Kinect will overcome its "perception problem"

Well there's a 1,000,000 threads about it so why not start one myself ;-p  Anyway, I thought it was a good read, just appeared on OXM today.

"A chat with Microsoft's planning and marketing chief about motion sensitivity's future"

http://www.oxm.co.uk/61645/microsofts-penello-on-why-xbox-ones-kinect-will-overcome-its-perception-problem/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nice but i'm pretty sure "the trolls army" and " the gimmick squad " will show up soon.

[quote user="Tzar of kaos"]

Nice but i'm pretty sure "the trolls army" and " the gimmick squad " will show up soon.

[/quote]

I've not doubt about that lol but with Microsoft coming out more and more recently talking about Kinect, it doesn't sound to me that they have any plans to drop it anytime soon. It's what I've said all along, people at the very least need to give it a chance, can't write it off before it's even out, no-one knows.

The perception problem is the main thing that is giving Kinect 2.0 a bad name.  This includes the skepticism of developers, including John Carmack, and the privacy/security issue as highlighted by recent events regarding NSA, Verizon, and AT&T.

With that said, the technology behind Kinect 2.0 looks impressive.  This doesn't mean that we absolutely need one with every Xbox One, still, I am looking forward to trying it out.  I'm sure it will be a lot more different than I imagined, and for those who will use it will probably help dissipate the hatred as it stands now.

So when MS gave the government info it was ok? How about when MS said the K2 had to be plugged in? So a company makes a mic and camera and says it has to be plugged in at all times even though they just got busted giving the government info.

after everybody has that unwanted kinect for christmas than the bundles will start coming out without it

Dont want that worthless Kinect... Gave it a chance before- still have daamn thing collecting dust... dont need another one...

[quote user="Kinectless"]

after everybody has that unwanted kinect for christmas than the bundles will start coming out without it

[/quote]

Then for anyone that wants Xbox One without Kinect and believes this will happen then all they have to do is sit tight and wait, no problem :)

Nice Lofty thanks for sharing.

What did he mean with Halo arm?

Who wanted a Halo arm?

[quote user="Kinectless"]

[/quote]nope, keep telling yourself that, its not happening.

I like how this is from an official xbox mag. What do you expect them to say. They even say ryse of the quick time event is good... lol