Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel - table clamp stuck in place, and cannot be removed!

We've got an Xbox 360 wireless steering wheel, which has got the table clamp adjoined to it - the table clamp was only put on it 2 days ago! I fitted it myself, and it fitted snugly and easily and with no obvious problems.

The problem is, that I've now got the children a Fanatec wheel stand, and Fanatec are sending me the Microsoft clamp, but I can't remove the MS plastic table clamp! I am following the instructions and pressing the "bonnet release" button as far in as it will go just underneath the steering wheel, and attempting to lift / pull the main steering wheel away - but it just won't budge.

I've even put it back on the table and clamped it down to give me more leverage, but it still won't go - if I give it anymore force, it seems like it will break in some way! How can I get the two apart? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

What is the key difference between the two?  I need one because a regular controller just doesn't do it.... not for me anyway.So, I just don't play games on this console. Boy how I want to though. I have plenty of games but am the type of person that has to be able to get it right of not at all & not at all is not working for me. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there meric1961!

Since this thread is a year older, I recommend posting a new thread. That way the community can help you get your questions answered! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.