Microsoft Will Soon Invite Gamers To Test Windows 10 On Xbox One...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/10/9301995/microsoft-new-xbox-one-experience-preview-program

If already posted, burn this thread to the ground. :P

The all-new Xbox One dashboard, which is powered by Windows 10, will roll out to all owners of the console in November. But before that happens, Microsoft is letting its Xbox Preview Program install the new software early and help mold the final product before it reaches everyone. "Because this is a significant update, we are giving Preview members the opportunity to decide for themselves if and how they want to participate in helping us release the New Xbox One Experience," the Xbox team wrote today.

Microsoft will start with a small group of preview members who've given the company frequent feedback. "Our goal is to start with a group, get feedback, then roll out to larger groups for additional feedback over time." Invites for the New Xbox One Experience will be distributed via Xbox Live messages. If you opt in, you'll receive regular updates as the November launch approaches. But Microsoft is also giving users the option of staying out of the new dashboard testing phase — while still receiving "regular" preview updates.

The revised Xbox One dashboard will introduce a brand new user interface along with backward compatibility with Xbox 360 titles; over 100 will be available at launch. And a new guide promises to make completing common tasks (checking your friends list, starting a party, changing system settings, etc.) much faster — without pulling you away from your game. Improvements to the store and OneGuide are also coming with the update along with many other changes.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Pins are at the bottom, makes sense. And yeah, more Voice Controls that don't work. One step forward, three steps back seems to be the MS way.

Hold on, people just joined to get backwards compatibility? I'm shocked! ;-p

Hey Ms loves expensive shoes and everyone. Yay I love Windows 10 and Windows 7 and Xbox 360's UI. I'm just sick of that Windows 8 UI on Xbox 1. Lots of people have been on about Xbox 1's UI, many of my friends don't really like it. I remember what it was like at Launch for Xbox 1 where it took over 30 seconds to open up messages... to open up friends... to... to..., and on a console with an 8 core processor and 8GB RAM. Xbox 360's UI is fast, user friendly, fun, and easy, and runs on weaker hardware.

I watched the video posted by the link by Ms loves expensive shoes or Goth. I finally came up with a nickname for you ^u^. Finally Microsoft is listening to feedback. They've gotten tonnes of it since Xbox 1 came out. The feedback was sooo great they had to create an official feedback site and bring back stuff like Voice Messaging and change the dash background, Xbox Live Features which should have been there from launch and which 360 has had. But now, UI performance has improved, but throw something more than a sense of inflexibility and boxes in your face, something which Windows 8 does. A UI which looks inflexible and too formal. Bring on Windows 10!

ARaq: They have the preview program in order to solicit feedback. That's the entire point of having the program and having members enrol in it. Now, some of that feedback they collect will be automated, but they created Quests and Surveys in the Preview Program app so that you can give them more. It's a good thing that they're rewarding those who participated and gave the feedback the team needed to improve the experience going forward.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Mike Ybarra laid it out on Xbox Wire that the preview members that historically gave the most feedback would get the New Xbox One Ui first and then it would be rolled out to another group of preview members... It will not be rolled out to all preview members at the same time nor will it necessarily be rolled out to earlier adopters to the preview program as even if you were an early adopter, if you didn't give much feedback then you may well have to wait longer.

With that being said I personally am infuriated that this has been stipulated all of a sudden!

How is someone supposed to know that if you give the most feedback you will all of a sudden be given most priority to the new ui?

I was an early adopter to the preview program and have been mostly happy with most of the updates with little to no major problems. I did and still do give feedback where I feel I need to, if I need to like now. But I'm quite certain that I'm not up there in terms of giving the most feedback and I think that I didn't really need to give that much in terms of feedback.

Now had we prior knowledge, although I really do think it's unfair, that the more feedback you give then you'll be treated better then maybe I would've given a lot more feedback albeit just for that reason.

I don't agree that a person should get special treatment just because they gave more feedback as some, especially without making us aware earlier on, might not have given feedback like myself because we felt we didn't need to.

I signed up for the preview to experience early updates and features, and where I felt necessary, give feedback where I thought was needed. If Xbox decide to chip n chop and make up rules and be restrictive then this will push me and perhaps others away.

Might sound trivial to some but it has angered me quite a bit actually.

Xbox One New Ui should be for all preview members as that's what we signed up for!

I will judge it once released and not before.

I look forward to it though and I'm optimistic.

[quote user="Daft Badger"]

It says this in the preview forums.

[/quote]

That explains a lot... the people who would see and know that are the people who are active anyway.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Hello everyone  :)

Does this mean that we are finally going to have the ability to play our music anytime that we want to like in the Xbox 360?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

I can't wait for this! :D

Unknown at the moment Lei fang.

It's been well known for quite a while that the more feedback you give,wether it's surveys,quests etc. that you will benefit more than people who don't bother doing anything or little at all.

It says this in the preview forums.

I'm glad it's that way,it will weed out all the people who only joined for backwards compatibility.