Microsoft still charging money when I ended my subscription and only a silver member.

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my Xboxlive account.

Awhile ago, (Don't remember the exact date.) I ran out of xbox live and saw this 3 months for 3 dollars deal, so I did it and got xbox live.
But after the initial 3 months, I was being charged the normal rate for xbox live (roughly $10 a month.) and it was locked in for a few months.  Which I was never informed about, I was not very happy with that, but after a few months I was able to end the subscription and stop paying for Xbox live.

I'm now currently Xbox live silver and on the 1st of December, $10 was on the bill from microsoft xboxlive.

What is happening? Did I do something wrong?!

Any info would be great, I appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Sort of. You have to make sure your contact info is up-to-date. They would have sent you E-mails to tell you that you bought into a subscription and that they were having trouble takuing money out of your account. When your initial 3 months ran its course you renewed to the month. If the Renewal dat and billing date are the same they would have charged the day your month began. If they cannot take the money you start going into a decline cycle which takes 27 days. For these days you will have access to XBL and on the 27th day you get suspended untill there are funds in your account. I would ring support to question it. You are on Silver now because the account went into a write-off decline which means that it was taking too long to get the money from your account they automattically stoped your subscription but activly searched for payment for time that was provided to you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, when you accept that 3month for $3 thing, I am pretty sure it tells you that It will turn auto renewal on, so that was on you for not reading it.  Sorry about to hear your troubles. :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.