Microsoft stance on Account Migration

So has Microsoft changed the policy on allowing account migrations? Or at a minimum are they now considering making this process a bit more difficult or adding more security to this process? It's apparently very simple to migrate an account to a foreign Country but a relative act of Congress to move it back. Logically there should be some time invested into evaluating the need for account migrations vs the fraud happening with them. Can a moderator let me know if this is something I will have to worry about in the future or is there something in the works to help alleviate these issues.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Pawpaw. If you are concerned with your account security, we'd recommend checking out our Security Guide (http://xbox.com/security) to ensure your account is safe. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i suggest you click account

the region migration tool has been disabled

probably due to the fifa issue and all the claims of not reading the warnings

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for taking time to reply Mr. Gwyther. But that didn't really answer my question. Thank you ngocphi for actually answering the question. I wanted to make sure that myself and other unsuspecting and diligent Xbox Live users, don't lose their account to migration. It seems now that the option has been disabled which should actually allow the team to stop the influx of new complaints and start working on the backlog of work that is before them. For that, I am very happy.

Sorry this didn't help.