Microsoft ruined the Xbox One launch for me!

I was anxiously waiting the arrival of my Xbox one back when I pre-ordered the system back in June. I was so excited on Nov. 22nd when I arrived home from work and my brand new console was waiting for me. I took the time and set up everything, overly joyed to turn it on for the first time. Everything was going gear until I decided to play one of the games I bought. I inserted the disc and heard some strange noise, and thought to myself that it didn't sound right. Then a message popped up saying the disc was unable to be read. At first I thought it was a bad disc, so I tried the next game, same noise and message. Then I thought third times a charm and I tried another game, same noise and message. At this point I am really upset, thinking I did something wrong, I jump on the internet and do a search for this issue, and there it was, a known issue with the Xbox One. Awesome, I was the unlucky one that received a defective console. I called support and was told the best thing to do was to call the retailer I purchased the console from because they can assist me quicker. I did that, and was told that they were unable to do anything because they didn't have any stock, and they suggested that I call Microsoft. So, called back Microsoft. Support was able to set me up with an exchange program, and that I would receive an email in 24 hours with a tracking number. Well, now it has been over 48 hours and I yet to receive an email. I called support back and know I'm told it could take up to 5 days. Awesome, i basically have to wait a week after the launch to receive a functioning console. Wow, am I a sucker, wasn't expecting Xbox one to not work directly out of the box, even my Xbox 360 lasted awhile before I received the red ring of death. So frustrated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

I am sorry to hear about that. There is nothing worse than the excitement of a new toy and not being able to play with it because it was broken before you even took it out of the box. We have had 3 Xbox consoles and they all die 3 years later. It is pretty much a guarantee that 3 years after I purchase a new Xbox console it will crap out on me. I know Microsoft doesn't care, they get what they want from us...our money. Starting to question whether an Xbox is worth it. I was also wondering if the Xbox 360 games work in the new Xbox One console. The guys at Target said they heard that the did NOT, how wonderful. Not only do you have to spend about $500 on a new console you have to buy new games too. Way to go Microsoft!! Sorry you have to deal with this. I hope you get your new console soon!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.