Microsoft points

Will my ma points carry over to xbox one ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well points wont exist after tomorrow but yeah your balance will carry over

MS is doing away with the current points system. Sometime soon your points will convert to real world currency from there I see no reason why they wouldn't transfer since they are tied to your profile.

What do you mean mate ?

He means exactly what he said...

Points will no longer exsist, any points you have on your balance will be automatically converted to real money, and you can use that. From then on, you will have to use real world money to make purchases. It will stop any of the money discrepencies, between the pc and PS and Xbox.

-

As people were saying, but it costs more in points than normal money.... so thats that fixed

If you were "awarded" points, they will expire in 2014 sometime.

do purchased points expire within a certain time once they are converted to local currency.

I did the beta my points have been real currency for a couple of months now. its nice to see things for a $1.00 rather then 250 points,

It is a bit odd using $1.00 and 250 points ($3.125) in the example, oh well.

i was curious about this, anyone out there who has had the points to currency switch-over and a Windows 8 device...

Does the currency switch-over also add potential usable funds to your Windows App Store account (assuming you are using the same email for both - they could really use a pre-paid card for the Windows App store)?  So, if the points were converted to cash/currency value would they be available for use to purchase, say a game like Adera, from the Windows App Store (kind of like a credit on your account).  

[quote user="GERMIN4T0R"]

do purchased points expire within a certain time once they are converted to local currency.

[/quote]Purchased points never expire.  (Well, they don't as long as Xbox Live continues to exist with it's current policies intact.)   Points earned from the Rewards program expire... I'm not sure how long.. a year?