Microsoft Points

I purchased 2400' Microsoft Points this evening from GameStop. When my son was trying to redeem them once he did it said he had a zero balance as if they went some where in cyber world. I called Xbox/ Microsoft support and she said that his account automatically merged into A Beta account. It doesn't state that on his consoule the support lady said he had a $30.00 cash value however we do not know how to acess this. PLEASE HELP!!,!,

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello,

The only time this seems to happen is if the gamertag is downloaded to a console that has beta access. Unfortunately, once an account is converted to currency there's no way to un-convert it. The account in question would only be able to purchase content for the time being from any console that has the beta dashboard now.

Who ever's console your son used to download his profile to that had the beta should have really told you that this was going to happen.

Accessing your Download History:

Go to your Xbox 360 Dashboard > Settings > Account > Download History.

Sorry for any sort of inconvenience this has caused you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am really confused. Does my son have Beta now? Also since the Microsoft points were converted to currency why can't we use it on his console? So are you telling me that we are out the $30 ( 2400) Microsoft points. Will he ever be able to use Microsoft points against or what. I don't understand anything about the gaming world.

Please let me know ASAP!!!

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

There was an open registration on the Xbox dashboard a couple of weeks ago for the beta. If your son signed up for it and was accepted, he would have recently had a dashboard update and would now be running the beta. Or, as Hassassinade said, if he used his profile on another console that is running the beta, it would have affected his points.

Microsoft is retiring the points system, so since this update has happened to your son, he will no longer be able to use the points as points, but as currency. If he is part of the beta, he will need to post on the beta forums for assistance - forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If he is not part of the beta, the currency can still be used, but he will have to use it on a console that is running the beta or wait until the full update rolls out to everyone.

Sorry this didn't help.