Microsoft Points? Problems? Useless?

I recently bought a 1500 card of microsoft points, where I tried to redeem them, and I get an error state "80122725". 
I tried to return to the store, I even solve the problem, and was told that these cards often fail.
problem is idk if or microsoft Store, because I detects the amount, but will not let me redeem. Actually I was upset and went and I can not solve the problem, and spent a good amount to lose just like that.
any idea how to solve it?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You'll want to return to the retailer from which you purchased that prepaid card, and ask them to activate it.  Normally, activation is done at time of purchase, and it usually happens immediately.  In extremely rare cases, it can be delayed up to 24 hours.  But normally this is not the case.  If this retailer experiences frequent failure of these cards, then something is being done wrong.  Normally the cards work just fine for the vast majority of Xbox users.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know, I've gone to the trigger, but I can not get away with that, and want to charge me another. This time I asked why and was told that they had done, yet the problem persists. I think I lost good money for nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dang man, sorry to hear that.  Any chance there's a manager you could appeal to?  You paid them money, you should get what you paid for.  All they had to do to activate it was scan it.  If you have your receipt, that's proof you purchased it.  I don't understand why they'd have a problem with that.  If they're not sure how to fix it themselves, maybe suggest they call their merchant support line, because someone up the chain of command should be able to educate them on how to properly activate the merchandise.

Sorry this didn't help.

i had a 25 dollar card and the nubers on the back came off with the sticky thing what should i do

Sorry this didn't help.