Microsoft Points have been scraped by Microsoft.

Congratulations Microsoft. You've just crossed the line and killed it! By making it so microsoft points are no longer useable on marketplace items and forcing people to use bank details you not us have killed it. I flat refuse to put my bank information onto ANY Console, and I also flat refuse to Now Purchase the XBOX ONE. I have Canceled My Pre order For the Day One edition From Game.

Once again Congratulations for killing Xbox, And your reputation.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I <3 these forums.  People whine/complain/[Mod Removed] about any/everything!

There will always be Pre-Paid codes available at your local store or through online retailers. (which will typically save you money, 1 year xbl is $45 on Amazon)

LOL....95 percent of those tags have NOTHING to do with the actual post. This isnt Youtube OP...But according to your tags, it is...LOL

Gaming for pride if you wish not to have your bank details on Xbox you can buy a prepaid credit card these days from virtually anywhere .it gives you the convenience of knowing exactly how much money you have on the card and exactly where and when you spent it.a better way for the security conscious.just my humble opinion.

There's really no difference between the way things work with MS points and cash. As other have said, you can still buy pre-paid cards, so you're not missing out on anything and you're just overreacting here.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

Another one that`s too busy ranting and adding tags, to actually read up on the changes.[/quote]

That's a little harsh there.  It is true though, the OP hasn't looked into how the process works.

Let me try to explain it to the OP.  Yes, Microsoft Points are gone, kaput, vanished, ended.  However, that does not mean you need a debit or credit card to buy content. You can still redeem MS points, you don't need to provide bank details.

But instead of points, you will see the cash amount.  So, if you redeem 400 points, you'll get about $5 - don't quote me on the exact figure, I'm, British.

In the coming months, the old MS Points cards will be withdrawn.  Replaced by redeemable currency cards instead.  The same as iTunes and Sony's PSN store. 

[quote user="Obsessive Power"]

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

Another one that`s too busy ranting and adding tags, to actually read up on the changes.[/quote]

That's a little harsh there.  It is true though, the OP hasn't looked into how the process works.

Let me try to explain it to the OP.  Yes, Microsoft Points are gone, kaput, vanished, ended.  However, that does not mean you need a debit or credit card to buy content. You can still redeem MS points, you don't need to provide bank details.

But instead of points, you will see the cash amount.  So, if you redeem 400 points, you'll get about $5 - don't quote me on the exact figure, I'm, British.

In the coming months, the old MS Points cards will be withdrawn.  Replaced by redeemable currency cards instead.  The same as iTunes and Sony's PSN store. 

[/quote]What he/she may be complaining about and something I was confused by is when you go to download something (I was trying to get something that was free) and I have over 8,000 points you can't proceed (at least here) without giving a payment option.

That may just be a glitch for now OR I may have been doing something wrong but the screen gave one option, "give us a payment option" i.e, credit card info, bank account number or whatever.

Microsoft points HAVE been converted over to local currency values.  Microsoft didn't kill anything at all, you just have no clue to what you are talking about.  As for your preorder, congrats on cancelling that, maybe a more deserving person will benefit from it. As for the tags, looks like someone is desperate for attention, no?