Microsoft, manipulative money making

To any Microsoft representatives reading, do not give me some empty reply filled with complete rubbish. We all know that Microsoft has made this extremely difficult on purpose, they want our money. I have actually spent so much time trying to cancel my subscription that I have began to wonder if £5.99 a month is worth the frustration. For a start I unable to log into my account as I had an old mobile number on there (as you need the verification code which is sent to your phone), I then went on to change the mobile number, which then doesn't take effect for about two weeks I believe, which in itself, is a joke. Then finally, when I am able to log into my account I get this error, which means I cannot just press the button to cancel auto-renewal. It looks like this is because the card on my account has expired, so how the hell are you still taking my money for a start and why would this mean that I am unable to cancel online, there is no logic, and we all know it is for money. Then, trying to find contact details, all I find is a call back option. This is absolutely outrageous. For a company as big and wealthy as Microsoft, I would expect so much better, especially when it's competitors (Apple, for one) now offer more and more, including their new operating systems, mobile and desktop, for absolutely nothing. It is immoral and disgusting, and I shall definitely never even think about purchasing another Xbox Live account or any other Microsoft based product as long as it is possible.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The verification code is for security, the fact that your security information was out of date is not Microsoft's fault.  The problem with the website likely is Microsoft's fault, so that does belong laid at their feet.  The callback number is to keep you from needing to wait on the line for an hour during heavy periods, if it's not heavy they'll get back to you in a couple minutes, you don't really have anything to complain about there (not that that's ever stopped anyone).  Hit the callback button, take a chill pill and you'll have it canceled shortly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there jatt,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your billing for Live.

This billing issue is really something that Phone Support will be able to assist you with and clarify.

If you are looking to call them directly, you can find your region's phone number in our list of International Support numbers. We generally offer the call back option through our Contact Us page so that you can schedule a call for when it is convenient for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.