Microsoft is going to patch the GPU Kinect requirements to give developers more power...

Jsut read this today about them releasing a patch in the near future to "Relax Kinect Hardware requirements" and lately, I've been wondering if they made a big mistake and not realized how far the "Next-Gen" hardware should have been built to compete. It's frustrating seeing all the M$ hate and PS4 fanboys comaring specs on daily if not minute by minute basis. But seriously, the use of ESRAM and having Kinect always on hogging up valuable resources?? Hopefully this is a step in the forward progress right direction. Kudos M$!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh no, you mentioned kinect in a thread.  *creates bubble shield*

Do you have a link because I haven't seen this anywhere

It's in the post above you 911.

Yeah I know lofty who posted before I did

Sorry, thought you missed it.

One more Kinect rumor,if it makes enough noise (with "the help" of Xbox one haters),Microsoft might shut down the rumor (one more time)......

Last week it was the return of the "resolution gate",this week was suppose to be about Gears IP (but it seems to be too positive) so the Kinect gate strike back,what's next ?

[quote user="Dwoop33"]It's frustrating seeing all the M$ hate and PS4 fanboys comaring specs on daily if not minute by minute basis.[/quote]

Lets not poke that fire my friend :)

I have to say that I disagree with this sentence in the article "But what Microsoft is also tacitly admitting with this move is that the Kinect just isn't important to people the way it wanted it to be." It is far far far too early for this assumption to be in circulation. We haven't yet seen its true potential tapped into and developers haven't yet pushed the console to its limit. I thought the kinect worked pretty accurately with Dead Rising 3 and let's not forget that this could be an amazing feature for people less able than normal. Deaf people for example can maybe use sign language in the future to relay commands to their console.

There are far too many benefits for Kinect to be hit aside as easily as that. I am happy with the shift in power but I would of equally of been happy without it too. What do you guys think?

I sure as hell hope that this isn't away from how well Kinect works. So far I rather take what we have now than a bit prettier games and a Kinect v1-level performance.

[quote user="CloudStrife 900"]

[quote user="Dwoop33"]It's frustrating seeing all the M$ hate and PS4 fanboys comaring specs on daily if not minute by minute basis.[/quote]

Lets not poke that fire my friend :)

I have to say that I disagree with this sentence in the article "But what Microsoft is also tacitly admitting with this move is that the Kinect just isn't important to people the way it wanted it to be." It is far far far too early for this assumption to be in circulation. We haven't yet seen its true potential tapped into and developers haven't yet pushed the console to its limit. I thought the kinect worked pretty accurately with Dead Rising 3 and let's not forget that this could be an amazing feature for people less able than normal. Deaf people for example can maybe use sign language in the future to relay commands to their console.

There are far too many benefits for Kinect to be hit aside as easily as that. I am happy with the shift in power but I would of equally of been happy without it too. What do you guys think?

[/quote]

As much as I'm impressed with Kinect, whether it be voice commands, how it's been used in games like Dead Rising 3 I do think it needs now a killer "Kinect Only" game to really show more of it's potential, I think the longer we go now without something to really show it off the more people will lose interest. Like I said I am impressed with it but like with anything, we always want to see it improve, used in better ways. Of course it's early days but us gamers are an impatient bunch lol

I don't really want to comment too much on this story as we've heard so many Kinect "rumours" over recent months but I'm a great believe in the saying ..... "There's No Smoke Without Fire" .... so who knows but if it is true, sounds like Microsoft are panicking a little?

Also from the way I've read this, ( again if true ) but it would mean developers have more resources to work with but surely it would make developers less likely to bother with Kinect in future?