Microsoft Investor Wants To Fire Ballmer And Sell Xbox Division

http://www.eteknix.com/microsoft-investor-wants-to-fire-ballmer-and-sell-xbox-division/

What do you guy's make of this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ballmer's announced he's retiring in the last couple of hours, so get your CV's in people!

Can't see the Xbox division going anywhere though 

A 1% share and no fire power now balmer is retiring says they don't have much chance.

Won't be long until everything is digital so Microsoft start making money instead of them spotty teens trading in used games

It'll be a loss for Microsoft to not have Ballmer any more but the guy deserves to relax from all that insanity he used to come up with.

[quote user="Habenero Pepper"]

A 1% share and no fire power now balmer is retiring says they don't have much chance.

[/quote]

1% is a lot. Ballmer and Gates only have 4% each.

At the end of the day its all about profit, it will be intresting to see what changes, if any, they manage to make.

MS seem be be always on the back foot these days.

^ Has Xbox actually been profitable for Microsoft though?  I doubt the original Xbox was profitable.  The Xbox 360 won't have been profitable till several years after release.  Factor in costs for development of Xbox One and I'd say Microsoft currently has a huge net loss from Xbox as a whole.

I never look into the buisness side of things, one I have no clue how it all works and to be very honest I have no interest but I saw this on Sky News yesterday, now is it this guy isn't liked? because they said he plans to retire within 12 months and shares went up drastically after the announcement, well that's what Sky said.

[quote user="Lofty Who"]

I never look into the buisness side of things, one I have no clue how it all works and to be very honest I have no interest but I saw this on Sky News yesterday, now is it this guy isn't liked? because they said he plans to retire within 12 months and shares went up drastically after the announcement, well that's what Sky said.

[/quote]

Ballmer on the whole is not liked at all, ever since he became CEO is 2000 Microsoft have started going downhill. Ballmer is the person who laughed at the iPhone saying it will fail, which then in return tried to make a phone (Microsoft Kin) to rival iPhone which failed. He also decided to make Windows Phones and Surfaces which in returned failed along with Windows 8 which also failed. When Apple penetrated there business with the iPod/iPhone things went even more downhill.

I think ValueAct want the Entertainment and Devices division gone because it makes no profit compared to the other divisions in Microsoft. However as the Entertainment Devices division is made up of Xbox, Kinect, Windows Phone and Surface it is hard to say which is making the most profit from the division.

If I have any information wrong please feel free to correct me,but this is what I have gathered from a 3-4 hour research on the matter.

^ Cheers zico