Microsoft Increasing Investment in Xbox Live Ads

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121408-Microsoft-Increasing-Investment-in-Xbox-Live-Ads.

I confess to clicking on some of those NuAds but only because they gave away Avatar items and I'm a sucker for a freebie. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know it bothers some but not me business is business, take a look around your football grounds, sides of public transport, the start of most TV shows.

i actually like the little ads lol i do click on them to see whats being offered

Saw this earlier...well it can only make sense, that a new source of revenue for MS, thats successful will be utilised more to get more revenue from it.

-

How many of us here, who dont like the ads have clicked on one to get something free like an Avatar item or gamerpic/theme?

-

The moment you press the ad, MS get paid more, but they are here to stay

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

[/quote] Like they don't get paid enough already?

I actually don't mind the ads on Live.

-

Some of the ads like the Lynx one were pretty funny and some have had some fun little games on them

-

To the one who complain about the ads. MS is a business like any other business why shouldn't they have ads. You don't complain about the ads you get on TV, on the radio, in newspapers, on billboards, on the side of buses, at football grounds so why do you complain about the ones on Live?

[quote user="HighlandRainbow"]

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

[/quote] Like they don't get paid enough already?

[/quote]

Their business is to make as much money as they can, using any means they can, I dont like the ads and dont feel that when you are a Gold level user you should have to see them, keep ads to the Silver brigade, but if its making them extra money then they arent going to say, well that was nice, lets stop while we are ahead

[quote user="ILOVEBAY0n37T4"]You don't complain about the ads you get on TV, on the radio, in newspapers, on billboards, on the side of buses, at football grounds so why do you complain about the ones on Live?[/quote]I do complain about many of  those. So does that mean I can continue complaining about the ones on the dashboard as well?

The only ones I don't complain about are those I don't have to pay to see. I can't remember the last time I bought a newspaper or magazine, I stopped watching TV as it was broadcast years ago. Hell I even refuse to wear branded clothing where I am little more than a walking billboard for the company.

However my issue with the advertisements, highlights etc are not that they are there but that they are the focus of the dashboard. Usability does not seem to be the primary concern, that seems to be maximising advertising space.

[quote user="W1LD SEVEN"]

I know it bothers some but not me business is business,

[/quote] I will correct that for you, Microsoft Is Microsoft and they are ' GREED ' I don't see NINTENDO forcing adverts upon us. Why? Because to them the Gamer matters.

I hardly watch TV because of ads, i use netflix or download.

i wopuldnt care about ads except they slow down my dashboard making it slightly longer till i can start my game and i pay money to play them there games