Microsoft IllumiRoom

Looks interesting. Check out the video via the link below.

Via Digital Spy

Microsoft has revealed a proof-of-concept video at CES 2013 for a new gaming feature called IllumiRoom.

IllumiRoom projects images on the walls surrounding a television to induce a range of effects such as changing the room's appearance, extending the game environment and creating a sense of motion.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Looks very interesting and from what's shown in the video it does look really good.

Aliens:Colonial Marines - " They're coming out of the goddamn walls"

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

Aliens:Colonial Marines - " They're coming out of the goddamn walls"

[/quote]

lol ... that would be brilliant.

Think that'd be pretty cool on racing games like F1 or Forza

It will be interesting to see how much the Projector will cost.

^^Yeah.....plus it will end up like Kinect, sitting there on top of your TV doing nothing but catching dust.........and at the end of the day anything that's taking your eyes off the TV screen when your playing a game will become a distraction after a while.

I think the Wii and WiiUproves one thing. If you want people to use gimmicky tech, it has to be in the box day 1.

This actually looks pretty good, but if it's optional how many devs will support it?

I don't want to add it to the following pile of one hit wonders:

Big button controllers

Xbox live vision web cam

Dance mats

Steel battalion controller

Light gun

etc...

I am very interested in this, if this is the way to the future then I am in, can't wait to here more about it.

More gimmicky garbage. Stop wasting your money on things like this MS and start making some quality new games!

I think it looks pretty damn cool!