Microsoft fails

On the 19th of september, Someone got my account info and used it to purchase 4,000 points on my credit card and used them for fifa packs. Already called microsoft and they told me my account will be locked for up to 25 days...

How can I take my credit card info off my account to make it more secure?, It disgusts me that microsoft requires that you have a working credit card tied to your xbox account, Its as if they want to make it easy for hackers to steal your info and credit card numbers....

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="TheYonks"]

How can I take my credit card info off my account to make it more secure?, It disgusts me that microsoft requires that you have a working credit card tied to your xbox account, Its as if they want to make it easy for hackers to steal your info and credit card numbers....[/quote]To remove the card you'll need to call Support again Call Us and get them to first turn off automatic renewal if it is on and then they can remove the card. Though since the account is currently locked I expect you'll have to wait until the investigation is over.

Also you don't need to have a credit card attached to your account, I don't and never have done. You only need a card attached if you have your Gold subscription set to automatically renew. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.