microsoft cant help

im not sure if if this is right place to post this, but pass this to other gamers to inform them about the madness so they wont go through this.okay guys make sure you keep your parent email in check for when you upgrade to adult account because you need your parents permission  to be a adult on xbox live. ive chat and called support but both ends cant do anything. even if  you give your own credit card when they ask last digits that wont count because kids can have their own credit cards apparently. ive missed months of my subscription and i cant access most of my dlc that downloaded with this account. i cant access anything on my account section of xbox.com and i cant select account on my console because the new terms of service blocks me from doing so. if you forget or dont use the email forever there is no chance of ever getting your stuff back at all. im going to continue to talk to support until somebody at microsoft  fixes this. what do i have to prove to microsoft im a adult? go buy beer or smokes, show ID to them? im just hoping this doesnt happen to anyone else. 8S if this happened to somebody else, im just going to say your lucky if you got it back because ive been trying forever to get it back. the support staff ive chatted and talked have told me they had the same problem and shocked that i cant even access anything on xbox.com or select account on my console to change email or upgrade. now when your employees are having this problem why have you not addressed this? i know there are many people who have lost time on their subscription and are almost being forced to create a new account and rebuy everything  like avatar items because other account on your console will not be able to use it. luckily i got support staff that really tried extremely hard to help me but they cant, it must suck to tell a customer they are screwed and with their best effort to help we couldnt do anything togeather to fix this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sometimes I wonder why the school system fails so hard with today's kids.  "facepalm"

I'm assuming your judging my complete disregard for proper grammar, am I right?

wow i forgot  the you're 8P

Fight fight fight fight

[quote user="Inferno Fox"]

if you forget or dont use the email forever there is no chance of ever getting your stuff back at all.

[/quote]

This is your main problem. That is why it is always good to update and change your info when you change email addresses. The Email address and password are the ONLY things that can link you to your account. If you dont have those, then you are out of luck, and as MS has said, they can't help you. There is NO WAY of being able to verify who you are, except maybe flying to Seattle and talking directly with someone at the Xbox Division.

There is just no way to verify you are who you say you are. If you had the email and password, it would be a different story, and support could have changed the account over the phone with maybe a little more info.

So, you can't just call your parents or something? If only your parents can change it then get them to do it, otherwise Microsoft cannot just go around giving away everybody's information to just anyone (regardless if you know the email linked to the account or not). That being said, for all we know you could just be a child attempting to gain access to adult content. As a side note, you should try re-wording your post; there is a lot of unnecessary remarks in your post that only add to the wall of text and do not help anyone to understand your problem better.

[quote user="Inferno Fox"]make sure you keep your parent email in check for when you upgrade to adult account because you need your parents permission  to be a adult on xbox live.[/quote]Yes.[quote]ive chat and called support but both ends cant do anything.[/quote]Why contact support? The Parent account has to elevate the Child account. Call center employees cannot assist you with that.[quote]what do i have to prove to microsoft im a adult?[/quote]Have the Adult account tied to the Child account go through the Promotion process.