Microsoft are a joke

Pre ordered my Xbox one in early June, no payment taken, no update in my account, so I called them 2 days ago and was told not to worry everything was fine and I would get it launch day. Checked again today still nothing so called them again and was told that if I was going to receive it tomorrow I should get an email today but no guarantee. I asked what was the point of pre ordering in June from the manufacturer if I am not guaranteed to get on launch day? no response !!! I have friends who have pre ordered 2 months later than me from various retailers who have received shipping details already!!! Microsoft customer services really have no clue what is going on, disgraceful the way they are handling this launch!! I know its not the end of world but really wish I had pre ordered elsewhere as Microsoft don't seem to give a [Mod Removed]!!! Rant Over

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How on earth is Microsoft not fulfilling his pre-order his fault?

Strange slagging MS off for not delivering when the day hasn't even arrived.  Do you know pre orders (which were promised for day one delivery)  are not going to be here?

I'm in the uk and am awaiting postage details, to be honest I'm assuming (rightly or wrongly) that MS will have a shed load of couriers turning up and taking them at a set time.  How long that takes to be put on the system, well lets wait and see.

I've noticed that everyone on here complaining about microsoft being a joke or a horrible company all have one thing in common, you all ordered your XBONE's to come through the mail.  My question is, What they hell did you guys really expect? When as anyone ever had a great experience with USPS, FEDEX, or UPS? It rarely if ever happens.  If this is the case why would you pre-order your Xbox through them if you want to have it release day.  Why don't you stop being lazy and take the 10-15 minutes it may take to travel to the local game store and put your pre-order in there?  If you did pre-order in june like you say then you would have had no risk of missing out as no stores were sold out that early in the process.  I pre-ordered mine in the microsoft store on August 28th, and they still had a little under 100 remaining.  You have no one to blame but yourself for this situation that you are in stop blaming it on Microsoft and go take a look in the mirror.

@ the OP ... Couldn't there be a chance that you will still receive your email today? I know with a few companies here in the UK, their telling people their orders have been sent but because of the amount of orders they are dealing with it's taking time to update everyone's order status.

Hoover090113 you really are showing your stupidity its not about someone not doing something to make me happy,

It's about not getting a service I paid for, there is a difference that you cannot seem to grasp.

Calling me lazy when you know nothing about me well that just about sums you up...

LOL of all the fan boy responses.....

-

He ordered a X1 from MS and you are still blaming him for their mistakes.

Trouble is they do not have a boat load of couriers available. They have the normal couriers available. Who work pretty much to capacity all year round worse in November December obviously.

To slide a couple of million extra large bulky items into this the day before you expect delivery is stupid. Obviously stretched beyond capacity has never occurred to these guys. It is obvious sending them Wednesday and not letting them work till 22 nd, was a more intelligent solution. That was not what they did. Will people get them on 22nd? Some will some will not obviously, yet another half thought out idea.

I for one am not in the least surprised. This is the least excited, I have ever been about any console launch. My expectations are low to say the least.

I'm saying it's his fault for relying on the home shipment route as opposed to the in store route.  Not a single person on here with an in store pre-order is complaining about not being able to get it.  I'm saying he's a lazy *** and is complaining because someone isn't doing something to make him happy.  

[quote user="Hoover090113"]

When as anyone ever had a great experience with USPS, FEDEX, or UPS? It rarely if ever happens. 

[/quote]

I work in online retail, in the States and UK, when we pay for a next day air service the customer gets their product the next day, it's not rocket science and it works as it should 99% of the time, so this notion that with home shipping we should somehow accept delays or broken promises is absolute trash.

[quote user="Hoover090113"]

I've noticed that everyone on here complaining about microsoft being a joke or a horrible company all have one thing in common, you all ordered your XBONE's to come through the mail.  My question is, What they hell did you guys really expect? When as anyone ever had a great experience with USPS, FEDEX, or UPS? It rarely if ever happens.  If this is the case why would you pre-order your Xbox through them if you want to have it release day.  Why don't you stop being lazy and take the 10-15 minutes it may take to travel to the local game store and put your pre-order in there?  If you did pre-order in june like you say then you would have had no risk of missing out as no stores were sold out that early in the process.  I pre-ordered mine in the microsoft store on August 28th, and they still had a little under 100 remaining.  You have no one to blame but yourself for this situation that you are in stop blaming it on Microsoft and go take a look in the mirror.

[/quote] Actually, I ordered mine through ms store/dashboard on the second day available. At that time all the Gamestops around me only got around half a dozen or X1's to offer for preorder. I called around and all were taken up quickly. In the following weeks the Gamestops all got much bigger allotments of X1's to offer, but by then I had already ordered. I am sure many did the same thing. Big retailers didnt start offering preorders for a couple weeks or so after Microsoft and Amazon either, so that was not an option.