Microsoft apologises for the "Always-On: Deal With It"

[quote]

Update: Xbox Live's Major Nelson has posted the following official Microsoft statement regarding Orth's comments:

"We apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers. We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

[/quote]

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/microsoft-creative-director-on-always-online-deal-with-it

-

Well, here you have it. This all rumour train (anti-used, always-on, blabla) is going crazy. Calm down for God's sakes, people.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

have you ever tried putting toothpaste back in its tube? doesn't work so well, does it? neither do apologies from big companies when their employees go crazy on twitter.

10 to 1 says this thred stays on these forums without being removed unlike the one that was posted about the actual story itself....the one with most ppl saying MS is this guy are out of touch etc.

It's their forum and they can do what they want.....but it doesn't change anything.

This is the first i've heard about this, but by the "we have nothing to comment on the matter" part it makes it seem like it might be true.

I hate the Iron Curtain that MS puts between them and their customer. I lost almost all my excitement for their next console because there is no word from them to make us excited about it. I see them as the guys in their ivory towers thinking they're doing us a favor by  letting us play their console.

[quote]I hate the Iron Curtain that MS puts between them and their customer. I lost almost all my excitement for their next console because there is no word from them to make us excited about it. I see them as the guys in their ivory towers thinking they're doing us a favor by  letting us play their console.[/quote]

They're only keeping it secret until the big moment. When someone's planned a surprise for you and you already knew that'd be disappointing for them because they put effort in to it.

[quote user="tmakavely"]

I hate the Iron Curtain that MS puts between them and their customer. I lost almost all my excitement for their next console because there is no word from them to make us excited about it. I see them as the guys in their ivory towers thinking they're doing us a favor by  letting us play their console.

[/quote]

That's the exact vibe I get from MS as well and it doesn't sit well with me.

majornelson.com/.../official-statement-on-what-was-said-yesterday lets just look at major nelsons blog and see how well the "we are sorry for what he said but we won't deny the rumor because it might be true" statement is going on.

Shouldn't have to apologize. Guy is right.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]Shouldn't have to apologize. Guy is right.[/quote]Ah the old "doesn't affect me so it doesn't affect anyone else" argument.

He most certainly was not right in my case and I suspect the case of many others. 

I don't think he had to apologize either. He was just saying his opinion. I mean, some people actually like their electronics to be constantly connected. What's the harm in that?

Even if you don't like always on products, I don't see the big deal. If you don't like it go to the competition or just don't buy one if it doesn't fit your needs, like he pointed out.