Microsoft Aiming to accommodate walk-ins at launch

Interesting article from Arstechnica. Hopefully Microsoft pulls it off and people can just go into a store that day and buy one.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's ambitious for sure. I still think even if some Ones make it to shelves on launch day, they'll be gone very quickly. But I mean, if you're going to market a console on TV and print and such for launch on Nov 22nd you do want people to be able to go out and buy it when it launches. If there's not going to be any non pre-order consoles available at launch would there be much point in marketing it widely as launching on the 22nd?

I don't know if any of that made sense

Agreed that it is ambitious Favious. I will also say that it could backfire on Microsoft and create bad PR if you couldn't walk in and buy the xbox one, especially Christimas about a month from release date and the PS4 out there as well.

yes but i think if they could pull it off ms will still get bashed.

So in other words, the demand isn't greater than the supply. I guarantee MS would much rather be sold out through pre-orders than to have plenty sitting around in stores after launch.

stores that advertise the system HAVE to have some for sale to walk-ins.

No, they're keeping some allocations for launch day by the sounds of it

basically what they are saying is, they will cut off preorders at a certain point and still have 5 consoles or so per retailers to sell on the shelves.

inb4 sony fanboys make a huge deal that the xbox isn't "sold out" the day after launch

Sony Fanboys need anything to stroke their echos, they don't understand that parents want to get their kids something for Christmas, and that the younger children age 6-13 may not know about the Xbox One and the preorders yet, so they want to get something for them and the family.

I see the PS4 as an individuals console, where as I see the Xbox One as a family console as well as being about the individual.

PS4 has an advantage with clueless parents because of the lower price.