Microsoft account password reset code???????

Just had a text through with a code to reset my account password.

Is this part of the 'account proofs' thing or has someone had a stab at my account?

was going to say that sensible answers would be appreciated but, nah, not going to happen.............................................

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 69 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A text? Never heard of that before, i have had the account security thing but it never involved texts before.

Someone has tried to access your account and requested a password reset or access to your billing

@viral cyrax, thats not neccessarily true. Sometimes my xbox asks me for extra security i set it up to send a code to my phone (you can choose sms or e-mail). Have you had trouble logging into live OP?

The 360 often asks me to check my details and offers me  3 options to make it more secure

1, Email

2, landline phone call

3, Text

Happens to me when i want to change my settings! Its really annoying.

OP doesn't mention that he has had tried to access anything just a random text. So as Viral says someone may have tried to access and security kicked in.

I'd agree with Viral Cyrix and Pougalbear that if you received the code without asking for it, then someone else requested it. Maybe worth giving your password a change just to be safe :)

IRB

if thats the case how did they get his mobile number if he never set it up? If someone else did it they would send it to their own phone no??

He doesnt say he hasnt got lthe proofs set up

but why would a hacker send the code knowing they are not going to receive it?