Microsoft Account, move Xbox Live

Hello

Firsly I would like to apologise for asking this question. I have read on this forum and the Microsoft website on how to perform the below however I would just like to confirm a few things first.

At the moment I have an email address of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this email for nearly 10 years and do NOT want to lose it! I also have a Xbox Live account associated with this Microsoft Account. Today I created a new hotmail account purely for gaming purposes, not business related. I would like to completely move my Xbox Live account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I was also going to change the gamertag prior to moving as well as I fancy a new name. :-)

Questions;

1/ Can I only perform the above on an Xbox console? Microsoft Support said that it is recommended.

2/ What will happen to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***? Can I still use it for email, contacts, SkyDrive etc? I won't lose it will I?

3/ IF, and only if I wanted to create another Xbox Live account for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** then would it be possible?

4/ As I'll be changing my gamertag does this mean the original one will then become free again?

5/ Is this the link I should really follow? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945419

I understand on the Hotmail website you can update (or change) your email address but I don't want to do this as I know it will then have an impact on everything else. I only want to move the Xbox Live account to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, nothing else.

Sorry for the long post, hoping someone can provide me with the above answers.

Thanks for all your help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Firstly, I hope those are just examples of Hotmail addresses and not the real ones?  Posting email addresses on a public forum isn't wise.  In regards to your questions:

1.  I believe so yes.  For the time being changing your Xbox LIVE account requires an Xbox 360.  Although I'm guessing this will change in the future due to the release of Windows 8.

2.  Your business email address will remain unchanged, it just won't have an Xbox Gamertag associated with it.

3.  Yes, you could add another Gamertag to that email address at a later date.

4.  Eventually, but there are no official timescales.  The're done when MS has a clear-out.

5.  Yes, that link will do you fine.

If you change your email address on the Hotmail website, it can take up to 30 days for the change to be completed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank-you for your answer. I can confirm the above email addresses are examples only. Looks like I'm going to have to purchase an Xbox 360 then to do the above. Lol.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.