Microsoft Account linked to PS4 account on Minecraft

I have linked my Microsoft account to my PS4 account in order to play cross platform minecraft. The issue is that I would like to play cross platform with my brother, who is playing using my Xbox One. My microsoft account is now associated with both my PS4 account and Xbox Live account, which means that we share a gamertag. For this reason I cannot add my Xbox account as a friend on Minecraft and cannot play cross platform. I attempted to resolve this issue by unlinking my Microsoft account from my PS4 account but this did not resolve the issue. I was unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PS4 account, a message informed me that my account was already linked to another and could not be linked again. 
Have you already entered the Minecraft forum in search of a solution?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there henrybeans,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for clarity on playing Minecraft cross-playform. I can totally understand any confusion setting this up for the first time. Unfortunately, as stated in the Minecraft for PlayStation TM 4 FAQ if you have linked an account to your PS4 account, you cannot unlink without losing entitlements on other platforms. 

For more information on starting up and playing that game off of a PS4 with players on other platforms, check out the rest of that article. 

Hope this was informative. 

Thanks for reading!

(V) (°,,,,°) (V)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the problem we understand it won't let you save progress. Your not listening to us. When we linked the account with our child's account. Now playing on the same exact account it won't let us create another Xbox live nametag because on the other ps4 it already has one. Also when we try to create a different account on the ps4 so we can have separate  gamertags it will not let us create a different account because it keeps saying it's linked to another account. We have tried to unlink all of the accounts to fix this issue and it unlinked them just fine. But now we're stuck in a predicament because on all of the ps4 accounts we have unlinked, we're not able to play Minecraft at all on none of the accounts, I do not understand why Minecraft has to have Xbox live, Microsoft and mojang just to play the game. Somebody needs to fix this issue because we'veput our money into this game and not only we've lost it all but now we can't even sign into the accounts to play because it won't let us!!!!!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

And everytime somebody posts this problem we get a response like you gave us.  This is not fixing the issue or answering our question at all.  We need to know who to get should of to fix this problem. Phone number, email, website or something. You would think with the people that run these programs would be able to direct you to customer service that can help walk us through this and fix the problem. But nothing is being done except getting answers like you gave us. I read all through the article that you posted and no where in the article helps our solution. At all 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not understand why Minecraft has to have Xbox live, Microsoft and mojang just to play the game.

HI,

Minecraft needs a Xbox Live account and running subscription as its a ONLINE game. You need the Microsoft account as Xbox Live is a Microsoft gaming platform and you need to sign in with your Microsoft account for access to your games , etc.

Hope this helps.

(Xbox Ambassador)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay I understand that now but it still don't help with what I need to know to fix the problem. I need to know how to unlock Microsoft from a psn account. I understamd you can go into the minecraft game and u link the account that way. But its not fixing the issue. I can not go on my psn and create another account because it keeps saying my microsoft account is linked with another account

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have linked my Microsoft account to my PS4 account in order to play cross platform minecraft. The issue is that I would like to play cross platform with my brother, who is playing using my Xbox One. My microsoft account is now associated with both my PS4 account and Xbox Live account, which means that we share a gamertag. For this reason I cannot add my Xbox account as a friend on Minecraft and cannot play cross platform. I attempted to resolve this issue by unlinking my Microsoft account from my PS4 account but this did not resolve the issue. I was unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PS4 account, a message informed me that my account was already linked to another and could not be linked again. 
Please can you make it free Minecraft Minecraft store PS4

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same issue m8 this is diabolical and needs sorting 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same issue m8 this is diabolical and needs sorting 

I like mod on GTA v PS4 please can you put it on I miss Xbox one included everything make available please  everything new  come

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tacticalzombie,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming Tacticalzombie!

\(^ω^\)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2023 Views 6,408 Applies to: