Micosoft points

I just did the math and if (like Wikipedia says)80 MS points is 1$, We are ripping off Microsoft eight tenths if a Microsoft point every time we buy a 1600 point card.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

MS needs to ditch points and move over to proper currency, only MS would come up with such a stupid idea as points.

[quote user="KYL3C0OP3R"]We are ripping off Microsoft eight tenths if a Microsoft point every time we buy a 1600 point card.[/quote]How? 1600 Microsoft Points is equivalent to $20 USD.

We are the ones buying these so called 'points'... I think it's us getting ripped off

It's really the stupidest thing ever.  It's not even like 100 points equals a dollar or something that would be easy to translate.  There was a ;'rumor' a few weeks back that MS might be ditching the points for real money.  One can only hope it turns out to be ture.  E3 maybe?  I know doubtfull.

Also, if MS points are so good, why do they make you use real money for GOD?

MS Points, was a way to get consumers to have access to content without a credit card & just buy/use a redeem code from a department store & is more of a convenience thing etc...

Currency exchange rates, could fluctuate too & you will end up paying more for something in one country than another too..  MS Points, stabilised that issue a bit...