Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Has a Strange Save Corruption Issue

I've been reading this on Twitter. Seems to be affecting all platforms so worth a read to those playing.

In Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, you might want to tread carefully on two of the game's missions, as utilising Quiet as a buddy during these specific parts of the game can corrupt your save data and render it completely unusable. You'll want to avoid using her in Mission 29 and 42.

"In Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain which was released on September 1st 2015, there is a possibility that save data may get corrupted and becomes unusable if having Quiet as a buddy while playing "Mission 29" or "Mission 42"," Konami has warned. "This situation can be avoided by not using Quiet as a buddy while playing either "Mission 29" or "Mission 42".

"We deeply apologise, and appreciate your patience for further announcements regarding this issue," the publisher added. This potential save corruption issue affects all platforms, so avoid using Quiet as a buddy in Mission 29 and Mission 42, and you should be fine.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 14, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Oh wow.

I just discovered how I am supposed to "staff" the Mother Base.

"Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain" and So Silly Snake just became the funniest game on XBox.

Not sure Az, but yes probably come to think of it.  

I take it I must unlock the Mother Base to do this?

This will be very useful.

He might be "So Clumsy Snake" but at least he can shoot.

You can call in extra suppressors from a supply drop.....

Gotcha.

I'm still trying to liberate my Vice President of the So Solid Snake 1st Independent Mercenary State from Afganistan.

It's been so long since I played the Phantom Zero that trying to play the Phantom Pain is like picking up "Dark Souls" for the first time.

Grabbed a guard, tried to interrogate him, released the wrong button, So Solid Snake (or is it Big Boss) released the guy, who then knocked me over...

So I thought, "Well they could have warned me about that..." and I though I'll just let them shoot him and restart at the checkpoint.

9 shots later Big Boss Snake is still not dead.  Had to manually reload the mission...

Went back... mugged a few guys... then thought "Well, I have a surpressed weapon... why don't I just stealthily take these guys out with my gun"?

All fine and dandy... until I shot the last guy... and it says "Oh yeah, now your surpressor doesn't work anymore and your gun is gonna make noise.

Thanks for telling me.

No wonder their country got taken out.

At least I'll know not to take So Quiet Snake on mission 29 or 42.

Az, when you are in base or chopper you select your missions you want to do and they are numbered.

That's good to know.

But how do you know if you're on Mission 29 or 42.

Will it tell me I'm about to start Mission 29 or 42?

Cheers Lofty, haven't been able to get on this in a few days due to work and a sick relative so I'm kinda glad I'm not anywhere near that far into the game or I'd be seriously miffed.

Thanks for the heads up Lofty. Picked this up the other day but I wanna finish AC Chronicles first, then Batman then Ground Zero and then finally some PP. Ha, PP. Lol I'm 12. I've never played a MGS game tho and this one looks op.