Metal Gear Solid 5

So apparently this is now a thing that exists

As part of our world exclusive chat and photo shoot, he also gives his open and frank opinions on Metal Gear Solid Rising – the first PlayStation MGS he’s neither written nor directed – and openly discusses his plans for Metal Gear Solid 5 and Project Ogre for the first time.

-

One would assume that any future Metal Gear will be coming to 360 as well. Or maybe even the next xbox. I only wonder though why he's talking about 'killing off Snake' when it was pretty unambiguous that he was dying at the end of MGS4 anyway. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why would it come to 360?  Isn't the company who makes MGS an in-house Sony studio?  Is that not why Xbox has only had 2 MGS games?  Rising and that other one from Originals which were more spin-offs than actual MGS games?  I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.  

And lol, age ratings on magazines  Never had that when I used to buy PC Gamer...

Exciting stuff !

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

Why would it come to 360?  Isn't the company who makes MGS an in-house Sony studio?  Is that not why Xbox has only had 2 MGS games?  Rising and that other one from Originals which were more spin-offs than actual MGS games?  I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.  

[/quote]

No, it is all under Konami a 3rd party developer/publisher

Though MGS creator is a PS fanboy.

Only time MGS has come to Xbox is when MS have paid extra for it ie MGS 2 and MGS rising!

Played 4 got board moved on, I know a lot like them but don't expect it to be on Xbox unless MS paid extra for it!

Imo MGS5 will be PS3 exclusive. Yes there bringing MGS 2 & 3 to 360. But it wouldn't make any sense to bring MGS5 to 360 considering MGS4 ant even on there. So unless they bring MGS4 (witch I also doubt) to the 360 I can't see MGS5 coming to 360 or future Xbox consoles.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

[/quote]

Who? Kojima Productions? Hardly, if they're producing Metal Gear Solid Rising and the HD ports for 360. They're a third party studio.

-

Anyway, this article is a bit vague and unclear. It could be purely a 'what if?' kind of thing. Either way, there are a ton of character backstories that could be fleshed out by this title (Liquid, Boss, maybe even Ocelot or Solidus)

[quote user="ocelot20"]

Imo MGS5 will be PS3 exclusive. Yes there bringing MGS 2 & 3 to 360. But it wouldn't make any sense to bring MGS5 to 360 considering MGS4 ant even on there. So unless they bring MGS4 (witch I also doubt) to the 360 I can't see MGS5 coming to 360 or future Xbox consoles.

[/quote]

PS3 owners got Condemned 2 and Mass Effect 2. I wouldn't count it out just because of MGS4's absence. MGS5 may not even be a sequel. I'd be very surprised if it was.

No i can't see this happening for 360 or the next one. MGS1 and MGS4 aren't coming to the 360, and the re-mastered HD collection MGS2/3 were already on the Xbox. Plus Kojima hates the 360. He even made fun of it, it will never happen unless MS offers Konami a big lump sum.

Kojima hates the xbox? When did he ever say that? And of course MGS1 isn't coming to 360. It's over a decade old.

Snake Eater was only released on PS2 as well. MGS3 and Peacewalker will be making their xbox debuts with the HD collection.

-

Why do people seem to think that MS would have to pay a quadrillion-billion-gazillion dollars for this to come to xbox? Surely it is to Konami's advantage to go multiplat? Having your game on two platforms with a huge installed playerbase seems enough of a financial incentive

-

If anything, it should be the other way around. Sony should give Konami an incentive to make their game a PS3 exclusive. Similarly to how MS make sure Elder Scrolls and Modern Warfare DLC remains exclusive on xbox for a time

This is not confirmation that MGS5 exists...this is just a headline on a magazine..it is used to sell the magazine.... all it says is "MGS5 Details"... it could just be the interviewer asking Kojima if it will ever happen and Kojima saying "maybe". It's be the same as OXM saying "Xbox 720 details inside" and it could just be all about speculation. Kojima is of course going to be asked about Snake and MGS5 ...it'd be like asking George Lucas about Star Wars..it's going to happen..weather MGS5 will ... who knows?