Messenger and some other problems

Hello,

When I turn on my Xbox 360, I were supposed to automatically login to my messenger like usual. Today was different. When I started playing on my Xbox 360, my messenger told me this message: Xbox 360 Family Settings don't apply to communications with Messenger users. The problem is that I didn't even put my family settings on "on". My family settings are "off". This is really strange, so I was wondering how to fix this problem.

Another problem of mine was, when I put my Xbox off, my Xbox keeps making noise and the button on my Xbox keeps glowing (more like flashing on and off, on and off, but in a glowing way).

So these were my problems. If anyone can help me out or has a question about my problem, please state them in a post below.

(Sorry if my English is incorrect, because I'm English of nature.)

Thanks in advance, Barrosy

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hello Barrosy! I cannot answer your first issue unfortunately but I can answer your second issue.

-

If you have Background Downloads turned on and or are using the Cloud Storage feature, your Xbox 360 will remain on to check if it needs to upload or download any files to/from Xbox Live.

-

If you want to turn Background Downloads off, on the dashboard go on Settings > System > Console Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Background Downloads > Disable

If you wish to turn Cloud Storage off, on the dashboard go on Settings > System > Storage > Cloud Saved Games > Disable

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, thank you for your reply, but I can't still login to my messenger. Anyone any idea how to fix that problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone?

Sorry this didn't help.