Messed Up Xbox One Upscaling Chip?

I believe my xbox one's up scaling chip is messed up. Any game I play has little square like textures all around the games as seen in the videos in the link provided: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3636D13494F802F4!2256&authkey=!APf6IyKKoZnC7Cc&ithint=folder%2c.mp4 I have tried different HDMI cable and ports but same effect. I've tried reinstalling games but I can't delete them so that won't work. Netflix runs fine, as well as Hulu plus. I tried requesting service done but when I click repair on support pages, it says access denied in top left corner and I've cleared cookies but no progress made. Any idea?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There's no scaler chip. Scaling is done on the GPU. That looks like graphical corruption. On a PC I'd say bad GPU memory. My guess would be bad eSRAM. Exchange the console at your retailer for a replacement. Most larger retailers should be honoring an extended return period due to the holiday season. Do not go through Support unless your retailer won't help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Broken GPU or RAM. You must contacted with service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately looks like hardware trouble.  

But Is there any way to full initialise / reset an Xbox One? - ie wipe the hard drive and then re download and install the OS.  If so - I would be doing that first.

Try a factory reset first.  support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Sorry this didn't help.