Messaging

Why is typing messages on the Xbox One SOOOO damn laggy?!!?! Like I seriously try to type in my message and I make a mistake because it doesn't realize I "spaced" so my words become 1. I go try and delete some parts, and it just deletes too much because its lagging too hard.

For a next gen console to be this far backwards, its just pathetic!

BTW, WHY AM I LIMITED TO 32 PEOPLE PER MESSAGE?!?! I'm tired of retyping my messages to my friends because I have a limit. I understand if its to non friends, that I receive this. Seriously, I spend $50 a month on the service, $500 for the console and I now receive limits?? WTF!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 120 Applies to:

Not sure what the lag is you're receiving, I haven't seen it be laggy during typing myself.  Try doing a hard reset to purge your system cache and see if that helps at all.  If that doesn't maybe try plugging a keyboard in.  The system will work with any USB keyboard.

As far as your messaging, maybe try setting up a broadcast instead if you're sending it to that many people.

And a side question, what on Earth are you spending $50 a month on?  Gold only costs $10 a month if you're silly enough to pay the month to month.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not had this issue either try like the above poster said hard reset

Sorry this didn't help.

Sometimes the UI lags remarkably. This usually happens to me after restarting the system but has also happened completely out of nowhere and affects the entire UI; not just messages. It's annoying, it needs to be fixed, but as of right now it's a fairly minor issue to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also experiencing lag with the on-screen keyboard, and I have a video of it. I've been dealing with it for a few weeks; it's also happened on and off ever since I got my console. When the issue strikes (apparently at random), it affects all apps, and restarting the system does not fix it.

The issue only affects the shortcut buttons (Y for space, bumpers for cursor, et cetera). If you pay close attention to my video, you'll notice that when a shortcut button is pressed, the corresponding on-screen tile for that function animates immediately, but the function itself is delayed. For example, when I press Y, the spacebar animates instantly, but it takes two or three seconds before the space is actually inserted.

The stuff I do on my Xbox One requires a pretty big amount of typing, so this is an infuriating bug. It gets worse whenever I remember that: this is literally the only on-screen keyboard I have ever seen lag in any capacity; and the Xbox 360 on-screen keyboard didn't come close to being this spectacularly buggy.

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the forums seem to be eating my edits without saving them, I'll have to double-post. Sorry.

It's worth noting that even when the keyboard works properly (rare, these days), there's still some input lag. It's just minute enough that it won't affect actual typing, but when I specifically go looking for it, I see it. There's clearly a problem with how the Xbox One on-screen keyboard is coded.

The bumpers are affected as well (cursor movement is delayed), so the problem isn't receiving the input or actually inserting a text character. There is some bizarre bottleneck within the keyboard that is essentially breaking the shortcut buttons.

Sorry this didn't help.

i also had this problem as well, started a few days ago, to fix this problem, do a hard reset, like bigbenx88 said, just unplug your power cable from the console for a min or 2, plug it back in, turn the xbox on and when you get a green xbox one screen, you're good to go

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been experiencing this same issue for a month or so now. It makes sending messages 4x longer than it normally does and than it should. I absolutely hate sending messages on the Xbox One now because of this. I haven't tried the hard reset yet, so I'll try that out and see if that helps. Hopefully it does. It shouldn't be something that happens. Makes the system feel sluggish, when it should be a smooth experience.

Sorry this didn't help.