Message will not delete?

I have a friend request on my messages list, and I have tried deleting it from the xbox.com and on the xbox itself.  I've clicked accept and decline and it keeps popping up when I reload the page. On the xbox when I try to delete it, it loads for like 20 seconds and then says it can't delete, contact support blah blah blah.  The guy is already on my friends list.  I can't figure it out.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 551 Applies to:

HAve you tried (On your Xbox) deleteing your profile only and redownloading your profile?

Otherwise the only thing i can think of is to wait it out, It could just be an error wuith the servers or something. I do recall seeing  other post with the same issue.... although i dont remember seeing a solution to the issue yet...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

If that doesn't fix it *please* first

1) go to http://www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support http://support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and play!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Murkface13"]

I have a friend request on my messages list, and I have tried deleting it from the xbox.com and on the xbox itself.  I've clicked accept and decline and it keeps popping up when I reload the page. On the xbox when I try to delete it, it loads for like 20 seconds and then says it can't delete, contact support blah blah blah.  The guy is already on my friends list.  I can't figure it out.

[/quote]Same issue

Sorry this didn't help.

Yo Ninja! This thread is a bit elderly, so if you could go ahead and create a new one, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.