Merging offline and Live accounts...

I'm sure this one must come up pretty frequently, but is there a way that I can combine my offline account on my console with my Gamerscore and everything with my new fancy Xbox Live account?

I've been playing for about a year and a half offline.  Then after the guys at work harrassed me for being the only one not able to play online, I decided to check the Xbox Live website and see what I was missing.  Well I made an account, played with the avatar, changed the name from the first one I was assigned, but now that the console itself is hooked up, I need to combine them if it's possible.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

nope you need to either recover that account if you really insist on that name

or join xbox live on the profile with your gamesaves and achievements but you need to get a new name

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

followup related question to this one and to the respone --   Is my XBL Gold membership (12mo prepaid) associated with my gamertag or my live.id ?   What I really want to know is if  it is possible to move thismembership to an offline profile that has all achievement and saves by changing the live id mapped to new XBLGold gamertag and instead joining the offline profile/gamertag to xblive using that live.id ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Gold is tied to your gamertag. However, if you just bought the gold, you can try calling support to see if they can cancel the gold for that membership and give you a code to redeem the rest of the time on the other gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.