Merging accounts?

I have two hotmail accounts: a grown up one and one I'd like to delete. Unfortunately I have most of my games bound to the latter and the former has two games bound as well. I assume that simply deleting the old account will result in the loss of any DLC I've purchased and any GFWL keys tied to the account becoming useless and the last I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago) I couldn't merge the old account with the current account. Additionally, the old account is currently locked, likely due to spambots brute-forcing their way in while I ignored the account and forgot the password. Hopefully I can get that resolved somehow.

My question really is wether it is possible to not lose a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff if I can't regain access to/when I delete the old account.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

It's not possible to merge your accounts, but if you have bought your dlc on the xbox you are currently using, you will still be able to use it on your other account as well. If that is not the case, you could do a license transfer to your new xbox. In that case you will be able to at least use your old dlc on your new account.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

remember people can share your dlc using different account but on same console

if you feel unsafe about this then do license transfer

Sorry this didn't help.

If you dont' have access to the account and the console breaks your not going to be able to do the license transfer because you need to download the profile to the new console and transfer the licenses.  

You need to try and reset the password for the good gamertag, login.live.ocm and your probably going to need to reset the parental email as well if you never promoted your account to adult. It doesn't automatically turn into adult when you turn 18.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.