Merging a online account with on offline account??? or canceling the online account???

Hey does anyone know how to cancel an x box live account? thats quick and easy? or how to merge an offline account with an online account? my online account was created about  5 years ago but the membership i had only lasted a week (it came in a game) then i never used it, so i created an offline account on a different xbox but i would like to make my offline account an online account but i would like to use the same e mail adress...HELP :)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello MachineStarfish,
Whilst it's currently impossible to merge two accounts together it is possible to change your email addresses around.

Preparation:
Firstly, you're going to ensure that if the account is a child account that you have the parental account details. 
Secondly, once that's done you require another LIVE email address, if you do not have one already you can do so via visiting live.com and selecting "Create Account".

Changing E-Mails:
Once you've got two emails (your current one and the one you've just made) you can begin changing emails around.
On the xbox visit the 'settings' tab, from here select 'account' then navigate to the section "Your Information".
Select "Account Security" then "Change Microsoft Account".
Click yes and enter the information asked by the console.
Once you've done this, upgrade your offline account to an online account and enter your previous credentials (for the email you would like).

Complete!
That's the process complete for changing emails. 

Hope this helps. :) 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.